Auger powered scooter project

Stick welding is also more structural. If you want somthing structural to hold up you best bet is stick. This however doesn't really matter until you are working on things much larger than a motorized bicycle.
Not true, 2 inch pipe is usually done with smaw but that's because you need to fill monster gaps. Penetration in mig has a lot of factors but it can get deep and really fuse the metal together.

I finally started to finish work in my auger powered scooter. I've had this thing for a year now and I am now going to finish it. It has been sitting in the corner of my shop for a while an I decided I should finish it. I so far haven't spent a dime on this project. The scooter I pulled from the trash, the auger I used the engine from my dad gave to me because he couldn't figure out what was wrong with it(the carby rattled loose during operation), and the seat post I welded on was from a bike that was given to me.

I am currently putting a chainsaw exhaust on it to get better exhaust flow, but I need to port match the exhaust. I will possibly buy a cheap expansion pipe and make the necessary adjustments to have it work the way it should.View attachment 194281
Sorry for the messy work bench 😅

Will a BoFeng carby work on this?
Did you ever find a tuned pipe for this? My scooter is fairly similar

It has a vacuum leak somewhere because it will idle with the idle screw pulled out and it has a high idle regardless.
Sounds exactly like my 43cc when I first started it. There's an a idle screw and another tiny one in the middle of the black throttle piece. There's a little piece of rubber over the screw. Possibly an air leak my motor was the same way on choke it was idling really high and backing out the screw didn't help.

Sadly I decided to junk the scooter and shelf the engine. I didn't do much after I blew the front tire. I decided it's more dangerous than it's worth
I actually bought a new 49Cc scooter like that before building my motorized bike.

I asked the seller "Hey, I'm 6'2 and big framed, can I comfortably ride it?” "Totally" he says. NOPE, I towered over it and it was sketchy as hell over 10mph.

Sold it for a $75 loss.

One day I'll build my own.

I actually bought a new 49Cc scooter like that before building my motorized bike.

I asked the seller "Hey, I'm 6'2 and big framed, can I comfortably ride it?” "Totally" he says. NOPE, I towered over it and it was sketchy as hell over 10mph.

Sold it for a $75 loss.

One day I'll build my own.
Yeah, I'm 5' 8" and I didn't like how small mine was, so I put a seat on it to make it more of a bike. Mine could get to 25 mph and that was sketchy

Yeah, I'm 5' 8" and I didn't like how small mine was, so I put a seat on it to make it more of a bike. Mine could get to 25 mph and that was sketchy
The new owner took it for a rip, he was doing at least 30 and he started getting death wobbles.
I was rated for 37mph, no way I'd do that on that thing.

I thought I was going to watch him eat it right then.

I think im going to do a stand up scooter with the gx50 clone but I want a seat looking to get one with a 76mm clutch 2 stroke and swap it. Couldn't find any local on marketplace and a new one was over $400 I want to spend $150 or less on next project.

H

Attachments

• Capture+_2024-01-11-10-36-31.png
    Capture+_2024-01-11-10-36-31.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 18
Back