Bent axle, Any suggestions?

Sloppyslopster

Local time
8:34 AM
Hi,

Was replacing my 7 speed cassette on my bike today in exchange for a single speed for more side to side room on the rear axle, only for me to discover that my axle is bent slightly but very noticeable. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to possibly straighten it out or maybe replace it as a whole? What's a reallyy good axle you guys use? I'm currently using the bbr tuning rims so it really sucks that I spent 150 on these just for the axles to get banana'd but hey what you gonna do.

Are they spoke wheels or mags? You can get replacement axles for them for about 50 bucks if I remember right. I'll snag a link if you want.

Hi,

Was replacing my 7 speed cassette on my bike today in exchange for a single speed for more side to side room on the rear axle, only for me to discover that my axle is bent slightly but very noticeable. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to possibly straighten it out or maybe replace it as a whole? What's a reallyy good axle you guys use? I'm currently using the bbr tuning rims so it really sucks that I spent 150 on these just for the axles to get banana'd but hey what you gonna do.
Are you sure that’s a cassette and not a 7 speed freewheel??? Freewheel axles are prone to bending and have to be replaced with a cro-molly axle.

Are you sure that’s a cassette and not a 7 speed freewheel??? Freewheel axles are prone to bending and have to be replaced with a cro-molly axle.
It’s a 7 speed cassette. Know this because I’m able to use a spark plug tool to take it off the rim lol. I have a single speed freewheel on it right now

It’s a 7 speed cassette. Know this because I’m able to use a spark plug tool to take it off the rim lol. I have a single speed freewheel on it right now
So you changed the cassette hub to a freewheel hub? Have you ever laced a hub to a rim before? It's just strange your axle bent on a cassette hub. Bent axles is what inspired designers to change multi-cog freewheel hubs to a cassette hub. Due to the bearing placement in the cassette hub is why the axle doesn't bend like it does on a freewheel hub.

So you changed the cassette hub to a freewheel hub? Have you ever laced a hub to a rim before? It's just strange your axle bent on a cassette hub. Bent axles is what inspired designers to change multi-cog freewheel hubs to a cassette hub. Due to the bearing placement in the cassette hub is why the axle doesn't bend like it does on a freewheel hub.
He said they were on mags

Back