Jackshaft Better than Jackshafting?

The xr50 he's reffering to is not a Franco Morini engine it's a 294cc 4 stroke wankle style(rotary) cart engine with l/c and peak hp at 8750 rpm 33Kw,peak torque at 7900 rpm and a whopping 39Nm It's an Aixro xr50 from Woelfle Engineering GmbH.

I was skeptically thinking bored and stroked Honda XR50 with a 20 second run life on nitro methane and nitrous, thanks or clearing that up, nice little Wankel I have always been a fan.

I have a Mazda RX7 12A motor in the basement for a project I never found time for, but I have been following the post factory developments. Engine has much potential.

Well I want to jackshaft because the 2 stroke 80cc motor chain rubs my 3 inch wide tire. And I have an internally geared 3 speed hub I'd like to be able to take advantage of using with my motor.even if I was only s single speed I'd still need to either jackshaft to the prddal cha8n or have custom offset motor mounts made just so my motor chain would not rub on my back wheel

Well I want to jackshaft because the 2 stroke 80cc motor chain rubs my 3 inch wide tire. And I have an internally geared 3 speed hub I'd like to be able to take advantage of using with my motor.even if I was only s single speed I'd still need to either jackshaft to the prddal cha8n or have custom offset motor mounts made just so my motor chain would not rub on my back wheel
Well it's about a 3 year old post, but I like the j shaft set up. It gets by a fat tire, lets you use gears for quicker take off, better hill climbing, usually better top end, and cruising at lower rpm prolongs engine life.
View media item 61555
View media item 60080

Nice bikes. Mine kinda resembles your top photo. I went with the aluminum gas tank frame and triple tree chopper forks and 14" ape hangers mounted to 51/2" horn risers, I have a double 40 tooth chainring from Luna cycles that will send the power back to the 34t that's mounted to my vintage 1987 drum brake hub. Gotta love good barn finds. Hubs are from a 1987 Japanese Emei 500. Which is a 50cc moped with a Sachs 505 engine. Ina few months when I get the replacement parts for it I'll have it on the road. It was a $200 barn find.it Does anyone know where I can order the jackshaft kit without the chainring also I'm in search of a 26 " rim with only 28 spoke holes.

Last edited:
Back