Bikeberry Stage 1 CDI Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTOKTO

Local time
1:57 AM
I just noticed Bikeberry sells an aftermarket CDI. Does anyone have any experience with this thing? I am wondering if it actually fixes the timing advance problems that the stock cdi's have or if it is just a box with a pretty sticker on it.

https://www.bikeberry.com/bbr-tuning-volt-master-high-performance-racing-cdi-stage-1.html

bbr-voltcdi-stg1.jpg

I am building a 2nd bike right now, I might just take a chance for the price and see how it works. I was just hoping someone else already has some experience with it.

Thanks!

Looks similar to the super charged cdi. I'm happy with the sc cdi.

Looks similar to the super charged cdi. I'm happy with the sc cdi.

I agree that black boxes look similar to black boxes :) I am wondering if the BBR unit fixes the high rpm ignition timing problems the stock boxes have or if it is just another black box with a sticker on it.

I have used on one of my cruiser builds.

While it smoothed out my mid range, I did not get any top speed increase or noticable TQ gains on a motor with high compression head+ported exhaust baffle BUT I am still using the same .025 gapped NGK plug. There MAY be some slight improvements with a larger gap, since the spark is visibly stronger than the weak stock CDI so should support a wider gap which in theory would be better.

I have no clue at all if the timing is any different, but for the cheap price vs stock and smoother mid range, I am totally happy with it. It sure does look like "just another black box with a sticker on it" though. Sticker is peeling on the corners and you can tell it was just slapped on by hand.

I still have that build since I had to scavenge the gastank for a different bike (KMB sent me a rusty tank with chipping paint), so if anyone more knowledgeable than myself about CDI differences would like any specific pics let me know.

Fun fact - I actually didn't order the BBR1 CDI, but the Supercharged CDI from zedamotorsports since they are close and I needed it quickly. Aparently they are having issues I wasn't aware of and after taking forever to ship (I live 3hrs from them!) I came home to this BBR one in my mailbox sent direct from BBR who I had never orderd from at that time so I guess ZM ordered it for me through them.

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

Not sure if that confirms that it is the same exact thing and they were saving time, or if they were having stock issues and they sent me that one as a comparable replacement direct from BBR.

I have been through several stock cdi's, and about 4 sc cdi's. Beat good rod brngs out of 3 engines. Now I have a another failed sc cdi and a rod bushing. Time to get a Jaguar cdi. Oh Michael, a little help please.

My bbr tr ing stage 1 cdi dont work as good as the stock it wont idle and its starts hard pit and spudering how can I fix that

I have decided that most of the cdi's, stock, super charged, BBR's,and HD's are all "made in China electronics". If your bike runs then you have a good one. If not, get another one. They all have the wrong timing curve and are hit or miss. The only exception is Jaguar cdi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back