Break In Break it in!

shouldnt take that long to break in the rings or seat them. One or two tanks would be heaps. I didnt break mine in, i went like 30-40km/h for the first tank but after that ive been going about 40-55km/h all the time and i got no troubles with it. Seems to go fine. Theres always a big talk on breaking engines in or not, If u go like 1-2 min on low, 1-2 mins on medium then about 1 min on full throttle that should be good enough. There not a fricken harley, there a little engine, just trash em! They will still last a good 5 years if u trash em.

for my break in i ran 14:1 mixture and just drove everywhere for 5-6 hours at a time, i never went above 30kph for the first 500km(it physically couldn't go over 30!) then after 500km i ran a 20:1 mixture and i still run that 3000km later doin 50kph! for the break in i just varied the speeds a bit, i had to stop every 30 seconds for a traffic light anyways

My buddy and i started building bikes a couple months ago and we have about 10 now (me 5 and him 5) .
i have done the easy slow break in and my buddy has done the I dont care full throttle from the get-go .
all his bikes are faster by far . i thought i was doing the right thing and now idont know.

No Two Ran Exactly The Same

all his bikes are faster by far . i thought i was doing the right thing and now idont know.

what you did -- try to break them in right -- could not have hurt anyTHING

although no expert on the Happy Times
of the ones that I have seen and ridden

as far as running condition -- NO TWO RAN EXACTLY THE SAME

little different that Hondas, Yamahas and the such
which almost all run the same

ride that motor bike THING

Back