Broken circlip equals Walk Of Shame!

Like I’ve said already in other threads I’ve made 3 silencers that improve low end torque and doesn’t hurt top end. The last one is removable so I can change the stinger if I need to, the other two are welded on. All three bikes sound loud enough to be heard in traffic but not enough to bother my neighbors.
I weld holed washers offset with a solid washer next then holed washer, on a pipe, with holes offset to the washers. Then slide them inside the stock mufflers and add a custom tail pipe. Really quiets it down with out adding any restrictions.

For now this is what I'll run. Its working quite well for a quickie fix.
20220412_175959.jpg

Spent afternoon taking runs, jetting, running again, ended with 65 jet on bofeng and ckip in middle to get me where I was on old pipe at 70 and top.

Sounds good. Still loud but not go to jail loud.

It definitely runs cooler, added 3mph to top flat-out speed, and whole range is more responsive.
More happy. Off the dino and on the amsoil saber at 20:1.

I can work on a better prettier fix later.
Time to ride.

You don't need to bend it at all, shifting the stinger so the end is in the center of the belly reduces noise greatly the same as a side bleed pipe without effecting performance, it's the inside diameter that is the crucial figure as length has very little effect.
That's exactly what I did with my bike.

You don't need to bend it at all, shifting the stinger so the end is in the center of the belly reduces noise greatly the same as a side bleed pipe without effecting performance, it's the inside diameter that is the crucial figure as length has very little effect.
I use that method when I drop the belly under the BB.

The rear mount is a weak design, on my first pipe the added weight made it break at the weld. I doubled that mount and added a mount on the silencer on the heavier one on the Cranbrook. I haven't added one to the Townie yet but will before going on long rides.

On the outside like a side bleed?
Yeah, I take the stinger and slap it right on the belly, straight in. Really helps the noise, never effects the chamber at all. Then it makes it easier to route out around the pedals and tire. 2-3 inches of stinger in the belly and the rest comes out to a exhaust pipe, off to the muffler. gives it a different look, and a lot mellower of a sound. I don't have any pics, but basically the belly is where a stoker would go, but sealed at the end, then the side bleed stinger.

Back