California Call To Arms For A Fastbike Law.

Yup, so much for a free and open marketplace. Will be interesting to see how this is enforced. I had read a few folks stating that if you ride at a limited speed it is okay, but I suspect you would have to verify to a police officer exactly what you have and prove it.

I had heard a manufacturers sticker program will also be in effect here. They could have done this very differently

I am presuming since my bike has a limitor it may well be legal because based on speed it hangs at a max of 19mph making it a Class 2 more or less. Limitor off and it becomes a class 3. My max speed is around 28mph give or take, depends on if I have a tail or head wind also road elevation.

As for motor size, not sure here since they originally say 750watts, but a 500watt gearless is about the same hub motor width and size as a 2.5kw and everything inbetween, so not sure how this will be enforced. In L.A. the police have been pretty lax here and I don't see many ebikes as of yet.

I am wondering though, if you ride a bike path at about 16 to 18 mph if there will be many issues. Most police are too busy with other crimes.

Well anyhow, thanks all. I did the very best to try and show them a different way, spent much time, but in the end, faster ebikes that could have proven real transportation will have to goto riding a regular Motorcycle or just back to a car. At the average $3,000.00 Pedelec ebike price tag you can buy a used car or motorcycle for that and solve the transportation problem while creating road congestion, costing the state bucks resurfacing those roads and polluting with gas fumes, Diesels are better ;) which will serve these clowns all right for sticking it to the ebike community.

Have they dropped motor sizes, also what if the controller has a limiter or you have a Cycle Analyst that can dial down the motor and speeds.

Ah found out is still 750 watts maximum for class 3. Will require a manufacturer's sticker for either class ebike u r riding. Here comes the black market of ebike stickers. I honestly don't see how this will be enforceable anymore. They should have just based it on maximum bike path speed allowed including pedal bikes too, not just ebikes. Well, that Mustang Convertible looks mighty fine for outings. I think I am going to hang up my ebikes for a while till the laws change, it's been fun guys, but why fight tyranny when any company can finance a bill to control an entire state free market, kill innovation, criminalize people for their own corporate profits. In the green state of California, AB1096 just goes to show how much BS it is. Time to get a Mustang Convertible GT that pollutes, hauls butt, creates traffic congestion and potholes, pollutes and makes people late to work by further cluttering traffic. California needs more of this. Stupid politician traitors and dolts! So much for the green state.

I decided to blog this and twitter ot guys. Just had to vent. At endless sphere they are already selling bike stickers for bikes. Law will now create a new felony for forged bike stickers. Very sad indeed. They should have just said ebike category, opened all bike paths, posted a maximum speed limit which others agree on and didn't need to go this route. Anyhow, here is my vent tonight. Going to shelve my ebikes for a long while.

https://sebassh.wordpress.com/2015/10/11/green-governor-criminalizes-green-transportation/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqVZB5MXWp8

Larry Pizzi bragging how he bought an entire State free market for his products and now will have the State authorities criminalize and punish you while his company profits and he intends this for many other states. What a frigging monster. Just say no to Currie Tech EBikes, let em starve to death on the fixed market. Go Gbike, go Pedal bike or Motorcycle. At Currie's prices, and what they did, the hell with them. He actually brags how he has law enforcement criminalizing and punishing you for not complying to what he wanted, fockem!

Back