California Motorized Bicycle Laws

California Motorized Bicycle Law

My very first car was in my last year of high school when I was in Big Bear California, just before going off to college...It was a 64 ford falcon with drum brakes...lol.

Yep...I had a Canadian argue with me over New Mexico law on motorised bikes when I quoted the laws here and used chapter 18 from the MVD code...He proceeded to use a US Title 18 code to try to show mme wrong...He should have read it before posting since it was talking about the Brady Law covering gun control as well as civil rights...lol...He never responded to that issue after I pointed that out to him...lol.

This won't be a problem either, all you need to do is just use the PM, (private mail), in the upper right hand corner of the forum page next to your screen name and message me to remove any posts that start to appear like that...Since it is your thread, your well within your rights to ask me to delete these for you...Hope you enjoy our little forum here.

When you want to just hang out and enjoy a thread where we jst get around and joke around etc, you will find it in the "Off Topic" forum and the thread is called "Miscellaneous Ramblings" that i started jst for that purpose a few months ago...Enjoy...DAMIEN
thank you for the offer. i think i saw the posting you referred to. was with a member named frankenstein? i dont mind hearing varied opinions or points of view but there is a point when it gets to be too much and some people dont understand that or want to prove they are right at any cost.

as for "ramblings" dont tell me that. im very good at that as you can tell by my posts...lmao ( i wonder if im one of those that hust love to hear myself type...rotmfflmmfao)

oh..thanks..i just realized you sent the link for the form..i need to put my glasses on more...lol

Some help on Section 1

Section 1
Vin - serial# on frame
Engine # - HS 142-f (I think that's what ya got) or engrave your own # on the case
Make- Schwinn , Huffy, etc...
CA license Plate - Leave blank, the DMV will give you a # on your Moped Plate
Model- Cruiser

The DMV trusts you to put the correct info to the best of your knowledge.

They just want your $$ no one is gonna check
This Moped plate can even be put on new M/B you get in the future or another M/B you own

as long as i have my glasses on...lmao
Yep...need my computer glasses on too, have a separate pair as regular book reading glasses too...lol...Old age sucks...lol.

At my age now, I have the Midas touch in reverse...Everything he touched turned to gold, without my glasses on to see what im doing, everything I touch turns to :poop::poop::poop:...lol.

here is a pic of the stand i had made for my bike... i put it on the crank and step on the bar to raise it. i can put the bar behind the rear axle threads to hold it or put the bar all the way to the ground. either way it supports the bike and is steady as a rock. it was made with 1/2 inch stainlesss and i had it anodized black. it weighs less than 1 pound and lifts the bike rear tire about 2.5 inches off the ground. if i need to work on the frond i just tilt it back. it is out of the way of everything so it doesnt hinder any work and the engine can be started and run to be worked on and the bike does not move. even if tghe throttled is wide open...

Attachments

• stand.jpg
    stand.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 103
Some help on Section 1

Section 1
Vin - serial# on frame
Engine # - HS 142-f (I think that's what ya got) or engrave your own # on the case
Make- Schwinn , Huffy, etc...
CA license Plate - Leave blank, the DMV will give you a # on your Moped Plate
Model- Cruiser

The DMV trusts you to put the correct info to the best of your knowledge.

They just want your $$ no one is gonna check
This Moped plate can even be put on new M/B you get in the future or another M/B you own
without the motor i could lift the bike with 2 fingers. its made by felt racing and is all aluminum. even withthe wide tires it was pretty light. with the motor and the upgtades its rather heavy. more like the 1939 hc higgins straightbar i had when i was teen. i hate that the number is on the underneath. now i need to figure out how to look at it. maybe ill take it to my buddies shop and have him put it on his lift. last time i tried to hust pop the front end up like i did before the motor was on it i hust about put myself in traction...lmao

without the motor i could lift the bike with 2 fingers. its made by felt racing and is all aluminum. even withthe wide tires it was pretty light. with the motor and the upgtades its rather heavy. more like the 1939 hc higgins straightbar i had when i was teen. i hate that the number is on the underneath. now i need to figure out how to look at it. maybe ill take it to my buddies shop and have him put it on his lift. last time i tried to hust pop the front end up like i did before the motor was on it i hust about put myself in traction...lmao
Use a mirror to look at the # on the bottom of your bike

Make sure ya don't write the # down backwards :LOL:

Back