Can someone link me some good quality bearings (for mag wheels)

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
5:35 AM
I'm looking for some good quality stainless bearings for my gasbike mag wheels. I think the one bearing is a 6000 2rs and the others are 6200.

I don't no your set up but their is a good chance if you are having bearing issues on mag wheels it could be due to the axles not having a shoulder for the inner race to rest against. All it takes is a little to much pressure from the nuts to bind them and cause problems. Here is how I solved this. A aluminum tube cut to the length of the shoulders inside the mag.
View media item 61354

The bearings aren't having issues just wanted some upgraded ones that would last a long time preferably stainless. Before I put the wheels to use I wanted to replace the Chinese ones. The tube in the middle of the bearings seems to be a piece of seamed steel tubing though.

The bearings aren't having issues just wanted some upgraded ones that would last a long time preferably stainless. Before I put the wheels to use I wanted to replace the Chinese ones. The tube in the middle of the bearings seems to be a piece of seamed steel tubing though.
I still suggest the alum. tube between the inner races unless your axle has shoulders. As far as good bearings I would just google jap or us bearings 6000 2rs.

I argee with Gary the internal spacer tube allows zero endplay and the best way to get the most life out of bearings.If properly seated and square to the axle on both ends they will run true a long time!

Yep. I can see wanting to upgrade the bearings before you build the wheel. Just consider that even though the chinese bearings may not be the best they are still superior to the bearing designs on most wheels. The poorest are rated for 20,000 rpm the best are 31,000. Our wheels will never see anything near that.

I usually order my bearings from VxB Bearings. They most likely have an affordable upgrade for you. They ship pretty quick.

as long as theres a tube inside between the bearings, theres nothing to worry about.

well now....
to reduce friction slightly, when you get your 2RS, rip the inner seal off. thats all it means. 2 Radial Seals.

with a motor on there, sealed bearings are fine, but for pedalling...man, bikes have had unsealed bearings since...well, ever... just a dust shield suffices. too much drag with sealed bearings.

anyway. bearings come in grades, ABEC series. 1 is cheap and nasty. 11 is damn high quality (if its genuine abec11... not an ebay special, or the brand name.). its just a code for limits, tolerances, eccentricity.

then theres a clearance code. N2 is normal, and theres a few others...super tight fit to loose. you can ignore that nonsense, but you did say you want to upgrade...
sooooo....
you want GENUINE abec...hmmm...they only stock 7.... abec7? not ebay "abec13", but real abec7?

take a look at the price.
https://bearingsdirect.com/ball-bea...0tbr12p4-super-precision-ball-bearing-10x30x9

thats unsealed. open both sides.

i shall keep looking...

no luck so far.

i could only find a quote request for an abec 9 6200 series bearing... meaning...its expensive. really expensive.

how about ceramic? no lubrication, no grease, no grit...

china doesnt believe in abec numbers...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6200-Full-...643561&hash=item1c77007756:g:LuEAAMXQDfdRss1k

neither does america.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6200-Full-...777?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

maybe its just an ebay thing?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6200-Full-...145826?hash=item53fdab4622:g:aKIAAMXQUmFSfSbh

i would possibly avoid those last type. being ceramic, they have to get all those balls in there somehow. notice the little gap on the inner race? theres a chance of balls falling out. though they shouldnt if its all preloaded and tightened up correctly (hence why you have a tube between the inner races...)

another option is angular contact bearings...which are basically the standard cup and cone bearings used on bike wheels for a century or more....

some of them get pretty pricey too!

just buy some standard plain old 6200 bearings from whoever stocks them nearby...skf or nachi are reputable brands.

or just put up with what you got because sadly...you aint going to notice any difference!

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Agree with all the abv. accept the first ref. of 10x30x9. You need 10 x26x8, and no it's not 8mm tubing. It's just some alum. tubing I found at home depot that had a close to 10mm ID. It was a little tight so I had to drill it out to fit.

Back