Can you use cardboard? Gaskets??

Card stock paper can also work. It's a bit less durable than cereal box, but it does still seal. Combine either with some sort of dressing, like Henkels Aviation Gasket sealant and it can provide a long service life. I know more than a few old timers that use this method for all of their gaskets, especially with old engines that may not have gaskets available anymore.

Card stock paper can also work. It's a bit less durable than cereal box, but it does still seal. Combine either with some sort of dressing, like Henkels Aviation Gasket sealant and it can provide a long service life. I know more than a few old timers that use this method for all of their gaskets, especially with old engines that may not have gaskets available anymore.
You know, my spitfire has a gasket between the dizzy and the block that's made from a paper bag. It sets the end play on the distributor, all it gets is a little oil.

You know, my spitfire has a gasket between the dizzy and the block that's made from a paper bag. It sets the end play on the distributor, all it gets is a little oil.

Yep, that's the best gasket Brits can make LOL jkn

Buy original gaskets for any old car and there's gonna be a few paper ones, They work

There was a couple gaskets (hole block off plates on the heads) on my old V star 1100 that had paper gaskets,
of course those sweated oil, I replaced them with Felpro rubber fiber gasket material and they never sweated oil again

There was a couple gaskets (hole block off plates on the heads) on my old V star 1100 that had paper gaskets,
of course those sweated oil, I replaced them with Felpro rubber fiber gasket material and they never sweated oil again
which is why I like using that aviation gasket sealant. Helps stop the sweating issue caused by the fibers wicking the oil.

which is why I like using that aviation gasket sealant. Helps stop the sweating issue caused by the fibers wicking the oil.

On that V Star the O ring gaskets on the F&R cyl exhaust valve covers were right over the exhaust pipes
Manual said to replace them every 4K miles with valve lash inspection
The valve lash never moved but those O ring gaskets got too hot and would sweat/ leak oil after about 10 k miles
So I had a bunch of those O ring gaskets ready

Back