Carburetor. Is this too slanted.

I read that up to 30 degrees of slant should be fine. I have an extended intake. Take note of my fridge in the second picture. It's obviously not that slanted. šŸ¤£Keep in mind the intake is probably a tiny bit less slanted than it appears.

View attachment 158593View attachment 158594
Or, the throttle cable should be vertical instead of tilted.

I read that up to 30 degrees of slant should be fine. I have an extended intake.
The angle of that carbie in the first picture is telling me that the float is thrown waaay off center from where it needs to be,,,your angles are too extreme...take a look at the angle, or lack thereof that you see in mine...When it sits on the tires and off the stand, its perfectly level...DAMIEN

IMG_0353.jpg

The angle of that carbie in the first picture is telling me that the float is thrown waaay off center from where it needs to be,,,your angles are too extreme...take a look at the angle, or lack thereof that you see in mine...When it sits on the tires and off the stand, its perfectly level...DAMIEN

View attachment 158597
I can correct the slant from my first picture by buying a new one and not cutting as much off. But the second slant is built in to how the intake is made. The back of the carb will slant down towards the head. That's just how the intake is angled.

Or, the throttle cable should be vertical instead of tilted.
Yeah it was like that but I wanted to tuck it back a bit so I cut a bit more off. I guess I'll have to live with the carb touching my leg when I ride. I bought a new intake, I'll get it as right as I can this time.

If you turn the carb to the left until it's level front to back it will probably work better, but I'm afeared you'll run out of throttle cable if you do that.
It won't turn to the left any more than that. The bottom touches the clutch cover. I've bought a new intake and will correct the problem.

The back of the carb will slant down towards the head. That's just how the intake is angled.
Your going to have to do the old heat it up and bend it routine as that carbie slant angle to the engine is just too extreme ..You need it as level as possible to not complicate the problems any more than what they have been for you...Throwing that float off because of this extreme angle is not good either...it will never run right...This is why i use beach crusiers by the way because those frames are more sutied to these motors...DAMIEN

Your going to have to do the old heat it up and bend it routine as that carbie slant angle to the engine is just too extreme ..You need it as level as possible to not complicate the problems any more than what they have been for you...Throwing that float off because of this extreme angle is not good either...it will never run right...This is why i use beach crusiers by the way because those frames are more sutied to these motors...DAMIEN
I think they make them slanted towards the engine because of the extra travel.

If you turn the carb to the left until it's level front to back it will probably work better, but I'm afeared you'll run out of throttle cable if you do that.
If so I'll buy a new cable. I just cut that cable because it was too long. This hobby wants ALL my money. šŸ˜

Try a piece of hose to level out the carb first, several people have had clearance issues with theirs, clamp the hose to a stock intake and add a small piece of pipe in the carb to clamp the hose to.

I understand that the carb should be more level (left to right,) but for those of you saying the slope to the head is too steep I can tell you that the standard intake is almost twice as steep as mine. If mine won't work then this will never work.

intake angle.jpg

Back