chain problem

W

woods39

Guest
my chain keeps getting stuck in the front sprocked. How do I remedy this. PS I still havent got the bike started... day three............. someone snipe me please.
 


G

gone_fishin

Guest
some drive-sprockets are a bit too wide for the chain...a remedy for this is to grind a bit of bevel on the teeth, allowing the links to drop into place.

also, make sure the chain isn't too loose, this can cause your problem, too.
 
W

woods39

Guest
cant get chain tight

augidog said:
some drive-sprockets are a bit too wide for the chain...a remedy for this is to grind a bit of bevel on the teeth, allowing the links to drop into place.

also, make sure the chain isn't too loose, this can cause your problem, too.
I cant get the top chain tight the bottom part is tight becaus of the tensioner.... I cant put on the chain guard because it isnt long enough. I'm installing on a mt. bike
 
G

gone_fishin

Guest
ok, the tension problem is directly related to the sprocket problem.

step 1) does the chain seat properly on the drive (front) sprocket?
 
W

woods39

Guest
augidog said:
ok, the tension problem is directly related to the sprocket problem.

step 1) does the chain seat properly on the drive sprocket?
Not a pro.... but it looks to be setting just fine.. Step 2...?
 
G

gone_fishin

Guest
i'm still concerned about bottom tight/top loose syndrome...something has to be causing that.

1a) spark-plug out, clutch-arm cover off, hand turning rear wheel. does the chain appear to be riding all the way down on the drive sprocket teeth? any binding? how's overall alignment of front & rear sprocket?
 
W

woods39

Guest
augidog said:
i'm still concerned about bottom tight/top loose syndrome...something has to be causing that.

1a) spark-plug out, clutch-arm cover off, hand turning rear wheel. does the chain appear to be riding all the way down on the drive sprocket teeth? any binding? how's overall alignment of front & rear sprocket?

Going to go operate Augidog... will get back to you
 
W

woods39

Guest
jeffspeeder said:
are you using the chain that came with the kit?
Ya same chain.... well got the chain fixed ... for people who have trouble too.... before lifting and tightening the tensioner. roll bike backwards to tighten the top chain.... yeah I peed in you pool!!!!!!!!
 
G

gone_fishin

Guest
good deal.

the initial chain-tensioner adjustment should be made with the clutch DIS-engaged and while rolling the back wheel by hand, back & forth is ok...the proper tension will be pretty much self-evident.
 
Thread Status: Hello , this thread is over 3 years old. You can still reply if relevant, but sometimes it's better to create a new thread to get more replies!
Top