Chain rubbing?

You can also try a CNC Hub Adapter you can move it in and out from the hub so you can prevent that from happening and you will save your spokes and rim in the long run

Bro a lot of people have built on the frame you are using. If your tensioner was mounted right in front of the place it is rubbing it will clear the stay. You just have it to far forward. You may have to put a slight twist in the tensioner bracket to line up with the chain well enough that the M link doesn't catch the roller as it passed and you might have to take a hammer to the bowed area of the bracket to take some of the arch out of it to get it to bite well on the stay, but it will work.
So if I adjust the tensioner... It should clear? I'll try but I think wheel base to short from chain engine sprocket to rear wheel sprocket.
Tomorrow I'll be taking off wheel, painting new back rim with larger 1st gear sprocket, and I'll snap so more detailed pics of actual rubbing...
This bike has about 600 miles. Engine closer to 3,100. Second bike.
Iys a 7speed beach cruiser.

You can also try a CNC Hub Adapter you can move it in and out from the hub so you can prevent that from happening and you will save your spokes and rim in the long run
But if I cant clear the chain stay. Is there a material I can use as a buffer?

the CNC Hub Adapter would allow you to pull the sprocket closer to the Spokes and pull the chain away from the side of the chain stay a buffer of sorts is going to eat your chain ether way not a good way of fixing it

Let's take this 1 step at a time. First try moving the tensioner to rear touching the front of the place where the chain is rubbing. Then we'll know if it will or will not clear the stay. Their is no if it can't. Their is only doing so to see if it can. Then we proceed form there. Their are s**t loads of trial and error involved in making things work on these bikes. You can't find the error without the trial.

The chain actually only rubs when I'm going slow. I can't move the chain tensioner because it won't line up properly. The only thing I can do is find something or some sort of material to cover that area or risk the Integrity of the frame by trying to Dent it in with a hammer does not seem very logical fix to me.

I often bend the long arm of the tensioner to keep chain alignment right

do these spring loaded chain tensioners install over the cover that is already there?

BTW, that's a good looking bike
Thank yuou, and yes they go over the cover. This one is from ebay. The guys name is turbo buick. Their are other ones on there, but I haven't tried them. I have pretty much stuck with these even though they are a little more expensive than the others because they work great and last forever.49 66 80cc Motorized Bike Engine Mounted Chain Tensioner Spring Loaded! Michigan | eBay

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back