Cheap expansion chamber

Well lucky me I haven't purchased anything from bb. I stick with the rainforest and good ol ebay or fab myself.
Fab yourself is the way to go. Every part on my bike I made myself. Frame and all. Read read read about the performace of the part then make your own stuff. The way to go

Fab yourself is the way to go. Every part on my bike I made myself. Frame and all. Read read read about the performace of the part then make your own stuff. The way to go
Custom intake and exhaust as well as kickstand extension

Attachments

• 20230108_094834.jpg
    20230108_094834.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 55
Well this guy says...
And he runs the numbers all scientific like. If you'd like I can share the link

Attachments

• Screenshots_2023-01-08-15-12-54.png
    Screenshots_2023-01-08-15-12-54.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshots_2023-01-08-15-13-57.png
    Screenshots_2023-01-08-15-13-57.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 53
Well this guy says...
And he runs the numbers all scientific like. If you'd like I can share the link
That's known as resonance wave tuning, or harmonics. It's all about timing the compression wave that rebounds up the intake to hit the anode end (open air/plenum/etc) and returns to the node (piston/valve/etc) so that the wave pushes into the intake port with more force. You generally tune it for a specific RPM point and it will increase the charge "force" there.

That's known as resonance wave tuning, or harmonics. It's all about timing the compression wave that rebounds up the intake to hit the anode end (open air/plenum/etc) and returns to the anode (piston/valve/etc) so that the wave pushes into the intake port with more force. You generally tune it for a specific RPM point and it will increase the charge "force" there.
Exactly what he said. With my exhaust it feels like it preforms better than the stock intake.

That's known as resonance wave tuning, or harmonics. It's all about timing the compression wave that rebounds up the intake to hit the anode end (open air/plenum/etc) and returns to the anode (piston/valve/etc) so that the wave pushes into the intake port with more force. You generally tune it for a specific RPM point and it will increase the charge "force" there.
This is interesting. Does the shape of the intake affect this too?

This is interesting. Does the shape of the intake affect this too?
If I were to say both, yes, and no, would it surprise you? lol

The harmonic wave is a wall of compressed air molecules traveling at the speed of sound. As such it has to abide by the laws of fluidynamics, which means it is subject to the same physical laws, including bouncing into and off of other matter. The smoother and straighter the intake, the better.

At the same time, since it is a wave of energy transferring through the molecules in the air, the wave itself is less directly affected, since energy itself cannot be cancelled, only change state. This means it is less subject to those physical laws than the matter it transfers through. So it can ignore some imperfections that may hinder the flow of molecules caused by the shape of the intake path. This means curves and bends don't have much effect. This is easily seen at work with brass instruments, like the trombone, trumpet, and other horns.

Back