Check out this engine

those NR80s were said to have higher-quality bearings installed on them. honestly, i would believe it. they seem to run stronger than a standard 2 piece design would.

those NR80s were said to have higher-quality bearings installed on them. honestly, i would believe it. they seem to run stronger than a standard 2 piece design would.
210psi is way to high for these engines, regardless of who builds it. Unless you're talking about specially balanced premo parts etc, you're not going to like the end results of one of these china dolls running 210 psi static compression. The dynamic pressure would be extremely high. About 155psi is as high as you should take a two stroke, if you plan on it having a long life. For racing, where you rebuild often, by all means tune it in and beat the competition. That high of a compression is ripping the chrome off the walls, and giving them tiny bearings a pounding of a life time. Again, if this was some Italian engine built for high rpms, it may hold, but the pressure is way to high for anything really, you don't even see these pressures in street rods( maybe a few special cases), especially nothing high reving.

I purchased a kit to have as a spare, I am throwing the engine on and I notice the head and cylinder are one piece. Another person had posted the same engine https://motoredbikes.com/threads/motor-head-bolts.59650/ a couple months ago. There is a stamp on the bottom of the jug of a pegasus and 2018. Anyone have any experience with this model?

View attachment 161538
View attachment 161539
I just got one of these motors and need to know what type of motor mounts to use on a swinstein ray chopper

I purchased a kit to have as a spare, I am throwing the engine on and I notice the head and cylinder are one piece. Another person had posted the same engine https://motoredbikes.com/threads/motor-head-bolts.59650/ a couple months ago. There is a stamp on the bottom of the jug of a pegasus and 2018. Anyone have any experience with this model?

View attachment 161538
View attachment 161539
I just picked up one of these engines and don't have mounting hardware for I would really like to find out where to get mounting hardware for this engine for a swinsting ray chopper

I just picked up one of these engines and don't have mounting hardware for I would really like to find out where to get mounting hardware for this engine for a swinsting ray chopper
Do you have a picture of your bike? OCC hoppers need an offset mount for the chain to fit past the fat tire.

That engine is an NR80. They are somewhat rare. They are not the more common single piece cylinder engine.
You can tell them by the fact it has fewer fins on the cylinders head. The more common one has more fins. The quality is very good. I have been running one a while now. Mine has been an excellent runner. It seem well balanced for high rpms. It has a brief vibe band in the lower rpms then winds out smoothly. I havent run a tach on it but it revs pretty high. Easily hits 37 on a 40t and is decently torquey. I ran it all summer in higher 90 temps with no overheating. Thought maybe the sparse fins might run hot, but it didnt. It recently put it on a G2 reed , with a windowed piston and a Bofeng. Really improved low end and still revs like it did. It a good running reliable little engine. I swapped the cylinder to the other type single piece with more fins early on, thinking of cooling. Didnt rev nearly as high. Have to believe the compression is higher on the NR cylinder. I swapped it back.
Thank you so much I've been wondering what engine it was. would parts from any other 80cc motor fit on it? I bought half built bike that's been abused trying to get it running right

I never really modded around with the basic engine being as it ran so well. It was advertised as a 40 mm stroke so one might assume the jugs and heads from other 40mm engines with the 47mm bore should work. Cant say for sure.

Back