(Chinese) 2-Stroke Ban, and Do We Care?

Do you care about the 2-stroke ban?

• Total voters
It's all about politics, not environment or safety. Politicians look for soft-targets to inflict with silly laws. Soft targets are people, like motorcyclists and bicyclists who don''t have much political clout and are often viewed with contempt. That way the politicians can make it look like they are doing something, even though they are afraid to take on difficult and important issues that have serious opposition, hard targets.

For instance, if saving lives, like they say, is the number one reason that bicyclists and motorcyclists must wear helmets; then imagine how many thousands more lives they could save by making car drivers and passengers wear helmets. (If you doubt this go to a wrecking yard and view the blood and hair found on the glass of wrecked cars.) Politicians won't touch it because it is a hard target, and they are too spineless and lazy to take on that one.

So, you will see 2 strokes, chainsaws, some lawnmowers, string trimmers, small power generators, and other things that vastly outnumber motorcycles and motor bicycles getting a free ride from the politicians. When hard targets become outraged, they make politicians sweat. Soft targets don't.

There are swine in this world that look around trying to find other people who are having fun and satisfaction. When they find some, they do everything that they can to stop it, because "It's for your own good." I call them "swine" because no one has the right to steal the joy from other people's lives. Life is a bumpy road anyway, and if we find harmless diversion to make things pleasant and have fun, then we don't need swine ruining it for us like they do.

Hey old pete iam old too--but i would like to see evidence--i own a civic too but is boring to drive

Attachments

• Photo 1539.jpg
    Photo 1539.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 341
It's all about politics, not environment or safety. Politicians look for soft-targets to inflict with silly laws. Soft targets are people, like motorcyclists and bicyclists who don''t have much political clout and are often viewed with contempt. That way the politicians can make it look like they are doing something, even though they are afraid to take on difficult and important issues that have serious opposition, hard targets.

For instance, if saving lives, like they say, is the number one reason that bicyclists and motorcyclists must wear helmets; then imagine how many thousands more lives they could save by making car drivers and passengers wear helmets. (If you doubt this go to a wrecking yard and view the blood and hair found on the glass of wrecked cars.) Politicians won't touch it because it is a hard target, and they are too spineless and lazy to take on that one.

So, you will see 2 strokes, chainsaws, some lawnmowers, string trimmers, small power generators, and other things that vastly outnumber motorcycles and motor bicycles getting a free ride from the politicians. When hard targets become outraged, they make politicians sweat. Soft targets don't.

There are swine in this world that look around trying to find other people who are having fun and satisfaction. When they find some, they do everything that they can to stop it, because "It's for your own good." I call them "swine" because no one has the right to steal the joy from other people's lives. Life is a bumpy road anyway, and if we find harmless diversion to make things pleasant and have fun, then we don't need swine ruining it for us like they do.

100% Agree. You said it best, and it's the truth in this crazy world.

Toxic-Inefficient 2 Strokers

The most basic principle is that:
2-stroke motors are less efficient and produce 2x the toxic pollutants of 4-stroke engines!

(EPA-420-F-02-033) (September 2002).jpg

As demonstrated in graph, a 2-stroke off-highway motorcycle produces 2x the pollutants of a 4-stroke!
More distressing is that it pumps out 20x the pollutants of a car ... not per gallon ... per minute!

Sadly, I could not vote in the poll ...
Personally, I would not use a 2-stroke because I've become aware of it's harmful nature, any ban would not, in any way, influence-increase that decision.

While a small 2-stoke will use less gas than a car it pollutes much worse. This has the effective result of prolonging and worsening environmental damage.

I've gone electric - the eco2 alternative.
Ecological-economical.
Near 0% pollution and, penny for penny, ~1500-2500 eMPG.

Local electricity is predominately hydro-electric and ... I even build my batteries by recycling laptop cells!

Last edited:
I could care less about Chinese 2 strokes, but I love my Japanese
Tanaka PF4000. It's a bit loud, but EPA & CARB approved, very
reliable.

Regardless of the poll, if China bans them, they will stop making them for export and we will be SOL for a steady cheap supply for these little buggers. It's already tough to find a replacement 49cc where I live (Canada). I doubt it would be worth it for anyone to make them for the north maerican market. So if you're going to want a little motor, it will likely cost more than a new Harley anyway so it will be the end of motorized bicycles as a cheap fun hobby. Maybe then it'll be time to man up and get a motorcycle.

Back