Clacking noise, now it won't run.

I agree. I give Emcee credit for at least trying and (mostly) listening to our advice... there's too many people that have come through here "MY ENGINE STOPPED WORKING WHAT'S THE PROBLEM" and then they never show up again or even attempt to do anything we recommend. And I haven't even been here very long.

Seriously thought if you broke a ring just buy a pair of new rings and give it another shot, they're not expensive. No reason to scrap the whole engine.
If anything I'm going to hold onto it, work on it and get it back running while I get another kit with the partial $80 refund. I want to learn more about these.

I would still look for the source of the problem, look in the parts that came with the kit, it should have the gear puller to remove the gears. This is what you're looking for.
1658448696470.png

You're gonna go through a few engines. I have had 6 over the past few years. Some only run a short time, others are diamonds. These little engines are hit and miss. That one I linked is only $110 for the full kit. All you gotta do is swap out the engine and you'll have a bunch of extra parts for when things go wrong in the future.

One thing about these bikes is that they demand your attention. Out of 6 engines, I have ran 5 (one is waiting for the perfect bike). 2 of them were wonderful (one being the one I link earlier), two were garbage out of the box, and one was good as long as I kept up on it (my first kit).

Can you send the link that you said you posted? I'm not seeing it

It's beyond the piston rings, the clacking noise, the engine is leaking. My petcock leaks, my carb leaks, I would rather walk away while I can. I have made this mistake way to many times working with cars. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I thought I was saving money by buying tools and parts and in the end I would of been better off getting something new.

Don't take this the wrong way but maybe mechanics just aren't for you.

It's not for everyone, honestly. Everyone is good at something and most people aren't terribly good at mechanics in a general way.

I would still look for the source of the problem, look in the parts that came with the kit, it should have the gear puller to remove the gears. This is what you're looking for.
View attachment 177912
I have that same tool, only problem is I don't know what I'm looking for. I know a woodruff key but I don't know where they might be hiding. I couldn't find any high quality vids or even decent quality showing anything related to the keys

Can you send the link that you said you posted? I'm not seeing it

Don't give up on the engine as was said, go slow and take your time, it's not a complicated engine.

Here's where they are.

Attachments

• engine-0002.jpg
    engine-0002.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Countershaft.jpg
    Countershaft.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Left side.jpg
    Left side.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 100
  • download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 95
Don't take this the wrong way but maybe mechanics just aren't for you.

It's not for everyone, honestly. Everyone is good at something and most people aren't terribly good at mechanics in a general way.
I've done tons of stuff that has worked, it's just I'm smarter today than I was two years ago and I know better to walk away sometimes than to buy a bunch of
you were able to "push" the piston down? I assume without pulling the clutch. Thats pretty bad. I think your engine has been destroyed.

This engine kit is very inexpensive and in my opinion, bulletproof. This engine is also the most powerful of my engines out of the box. It has a different design than traditional engines, not that it is "better". I ride this engine 32 miles a day commuting, (when I use it). I have gotten it so hot it melted my plug wire.

I would buy this one but the seller has some gnarly bad feedback

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back