Clutch upgrade

There is this outfit. Don't know anything about them except I see a lot of these products on high performance builds on the tube.
Affordable is in the eye of the beholder.

IDK if it's TRUE or not. But I've been reading the phantom 85 V3 & newer engines have a updated heavier clutch shaft spring.

Do you have the URLs to share with all of us so we can read about it too???...lol.

If the URLs aren't posted, it never happened...lol...lol.
You know I'm too computer illiterate for that.

I did a Google search for HD motorized bicycle clutch spring & it pulled up articles about the V3 Phantom 85 & newer engines have a updated hd clutch spring.

It also keep referring to bicycles engines to purchase such said spring.

You know I'm too computer illiterate for that.
All it is , is a simple right click on the URL then click copy, then back on the forum site, simply right click again and then click paste...Thats all there is to it.

You don't even need a degree in computer science to do this either...lol...lol.

If I had the money I would buy a quality valve spring tester & a bunch of different clutch springs & test them. Supposedly the V3 & newer P85 engines have a higher pound pressure spring than say your normal 66/80cc engines.

Now that would squash all them hype bugs by testing.

If I had the money I would buy a quality valve spring tester & a bunch of different clutch springs & test them. Supposedly the V3 & newer P85 engines have a higher pound pressure spring than say your normal 66/80cc engines.

Now that would squash all them hype bugs by testing.
I tried a web search with the information you gave.

HD motorized bicycle clutch spring
I found no articles specifically saying the P-85 itself had this updated heavier clutch shaft spring.

I dont see how soo many people cant find a heavier clutch spring. All you need is the coil spring inner & outer diameter sizes, the height, & the coil spring wire diameter.

Then you can just order what you need from a spring manufacturer.

But then everybody beaches cause 1 spring cost $40-$50. It cost to play the game. Big power, cost big money.

But then again, I dont see why soo many people have clutch problems. These clutches adjusted right & with the right clutch pads, should easily hold 7-8hp.

Back