Coaster brake wheel

Idk, how safe is a disk brake on a rear fork not designed for disk brakes? You gotta deal with that sketchy fork adapter too.

Some front forks can bend and even snap from the braking power cuz they're only meant for rim brakes.

Idk, how safe is a disk brake on a rear fork not designed for disk brakes? You gotta deal with that sketchy fork adapter too.

Some front forks can bend and even snap from the braking power cuz they're only meant for rim brakes.
Did you notice that mine was never designed for disks???...Myself and a friend who is one of the guys running the USA drone programs at WSMR helped me to adapt things properly...We needed to not only spread the rear forks open more, by hand, but also used 1 extra wheel nut as a spacer to keep the rotor from hitting the frame as well as make our own caliper to frame adaptor that we actually made part of the frame by mounting it onto the frame in such a way that the rear most part of the frame, butted up against our home made adaptor and then double bolted into place....take a CLOSE look at the pics showing this...The front caliper is adapted to the frame using an aviation "Adel" clamp.

The mag wheel set i showed the link to here in this thread included the Mags, both disks, both calipers, the 36 tooth sprocket, as well as the adaptor to mount the disk to the sprocket on the rear mag rim, and that was all for 107 dollars on a St. Paddy's day deal...what more can you ask for, for that price...DAMIEN

EDIT...Just as a Ps...We also hand made and designed the front motor mount as well...its made from 7075 T6 military grade aircraft aluminum, same as the rear caliper adapter...close up pics now included below as well on this EDIT...DAMIEN

Attachments

• Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg
    Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg
    Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 148
  • Adel clamp holding front caliper adaptor to fork. IMG_0349.jpg
    Adel clamp holding front caliper adaptor to fork. IMG_0349.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
why not hydraulic?
Hydraulic was considered...lol...as you can knowingly see here, we overthought and over engineered this thing to death...lol...I took his multi-thousand dollar pedal bike with his hydraulic brake system for a ride and decided that this would be overkill...lol...If you can believe that after everything else we did...he couldnt stop laughing at me when i said it was going to be overkill...lol...cable driven, dual pull lever disk calipers already stop on a dime giving me 9 cents change...im happy keeping at least one thing simple...lol...DAMIEN

I gotta tell ya Darwin...This thing is really, really, sweet...fast, stable, solid, and unless the Zeda 80 screws up, im very happy with the build...I was even able to eliminate the tensioner after we hand made both chains to fit like a glove...Ok, I admit it...we are both really anal retentive, my friend and i, when we are building something...lol...lol...DAMIEN

Nice looking bike, great craftsmanship. Are those rims metal or plastic?

Im sure that Chainlube will comment on this but tell me your thoughts...Ive never used overly expensive, commercial chainlubes even with motorcycles i used to ride for 50 years since i was 16 years old, but always used WD-40 to clean/lube...i now use it, applied to microfiber clothes, every month or so and in 50 years of motorcycles and now M/Bs, have never had to replace a chain due to wear and tear etc...What am i doing wrong here...lol...DAMIEN

Did you put 15000 miles on any of those rides? Hard to believe a chain lasting longer than that. Was asking about the rims, if plastic of some sort Vbrakes don't work on those very well.

Back