Comments on plug color

I didn't know what I was doing so started big and kept getting smaller until it stopped 4-stroking. I haven't ran that carb in years. I should pull it out.

Your good, plug looks nice. A 2t will always spooge up a bit at idle. It when you run it that cleans off the spooge at idle. Idle to long and it will load up and die on you. Then just clean it off, reinstall and your good to go.
Yea I was going to say it runs really good with a 27.5 smooth as silk even when cold. 30 run kinda boggy but picks up once the starts to turn. it has to be hot hot coming off wot. To get sooth acceleration from almost a dead stop 1-2 half pedals. She knocks a bit right 75°f later when it above 80 that goes away with a .62 and a 27.5
I can tell it slightly lean if I back off the throttle slightly she picks up. I'm considering going to 40:1 gas oil mix before changing jet size. .not worried about running a 30 pilot because I still have the pipe to put on. I'm more worried about tuning before I go any further I do have the oz magneto. That alone made a tremendous difference. Here my idle circuit 27.5 3/4 turn out. Hangs rpm just slightly with that four stroking sound as they gradually drop not fast enough. I've also notice from check my plug that the prong closest to the exuast port including the electrode always shows a little lean than the rest of the plug. What does This mean?

Attachments

• 16540033647198655675712361499302.jpg
    16540033647198655675712361499302.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 16540034171258082716637682135201.jpg
    16540034171258082716637682135201.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 65
the prong closest to the exuast port including the electrode always shows a little lean than the rest of the plug. What does This mean?
I am hoping that you didn't think that all three prongs light up at the same time, all the time...lol...Electricity follows the path of least resistance so only one of those prongs is ever lit up when its running...Personally I do not like the three prong E-3 plugs, I have found that these bikes run the best on NGK-BR6HS in the cooler weather and right now I'm running NGK-BR8HS which is two steps colder plug on NGK heat scale here in the High Desert heat of the summer season gapped at .025...It runs smoother and thus makes a bike motor easier to tune properly...Thats my only 2 cents worth for this one...lol.

My only issue now is I don't want to use a 30 pilot 3-4 turns out. This why ask about the consideration of going up to 40:1 fuel to oil mix. I read somewhere that each ratio of oil you go down 16:1-18:1-25:1 ect. can cause you drop a size or 2 jet and with the way they make jet and the over lap we don't have 1-2-3-4 size jet instead we have 1-4-7-10-13 jumping by 3s

I have mine tuned using a 32:1 full synthetic 2 stroke oil only...I do not chintz out on oil protection or cooling properties of the proper oil mix on these cheap china girl motors...

I am hoping that you didn't think that all three prongs light up at the same time, all the time...lol...Electricity follows the path of least resistance so only one of those prongs is ever lit up when its running...Personally I do not like the three prong E-3 plugs, I have found that these bikes run the best on NGK-BR6HS in the cooler weather and right now I'm running NGK-BR8HS which is two steps colder plug on NGK heat scale here in the High Desert heat of the summer season gapped at .025...It runs smoother and thus makes a bike motor easier to tune properly...Thats my only 2 cents worth for this one...lol.
I like you 2 cents you make a point I have considered going to the ngk probably the hotter one. "The last time I used one it fried in a month. But I was. Running really hot." When I was at a .65 with a 27.5-30 I was still getting a tad bit of four stroking and only getting 30mph I'm at stock squish clearances no head gasket and double base gasket sealed with high temp.

I like you 2 cents you make a point I have considered going to the ngk probably the hotter one. "The last time I used one it fried in a month. But I was. Running really hot." When I was at a .65 with a 27.5-30 I was still getting a tad bit of four stroking and only getting 30mph I'm at stock squish clearances no head gasket and double base gasket sealed with high temp.
plug temp has nothing to do with engine temp. Plug temp is merely self cleaning temp. to hot and it preignites incoming mixture, to cold and it fouls up. Has nothing to do with the temp of the engine. Engine temp is by cooling and fuel charge. No moving air, engine gets hot, lean mix, engine gets hot.

Back