Comments on plug color

Once I'm done running the engine in I'm hoping that most issues will be resolved with least amount decking or largest squish trying for nothing more than 1mm so 1-1.5 and the pipe and cat nip CDI. Is there a certain order I should approach this? I want to deck it before anything else goes on. So I can try to run the 65 jet and get rid of some of the four stroking. Then put the cdi on and see if I need to adjust timing then put the pipe on. I need to enlarge the hole on the pipe anyway. I dont plan on doing this for another 2 weeks until she's ran in some more. I need a higher quality wrist pin bearing I'm considering doing Cageless for certain reliability but lacking assembly process and proper spacers to keep the rollers in.

plug temp has nothing to do with engine temp. Plug temp is merely self cleaning temp. to hot and it preignites incoming mixture, to cold and it fouls up. Has nothing to do with the temp of the engine. Engine temp is by cooling and fuel charge. No moving air, engine gets hot, lean mix, engine gets hot.
I understand what you talking about but. There heat and cooling effects from such advancing timing heat the cylinder and piston crown more retarding the time transfers heat to the pipe cooling the engine. So like you say it may not have anything to with engine temp in particular. Like you said it causes pre ignition from excessive heat. Not that that what I'm looking for but a slight increase will let me run the 65 trying to burn the extra little fuel that I need.

The acceleration is kinda weak with this pilot to all the way threw to half 3/4 I'm thinking about raising the needle second from bottom so is that the fourth slot

That wasn't the point I was making Karl...lol...lol.
No the dude was talking about plug and engine temp and they do not correlate. Plug temp and engine temp are two different things. An now he is talking about timing, which has nothing to do with plug temp either. lol.

All plug temp is related to, the ability for the plug to clean itself of deposits. the temp range is based upon fuel and how the engine is ran. A mild engine will use a hotter plug, to keep it clean. Outside temp has nothing to do with it, engine temp has nothing to do with it, pipe temp has nothing to do with it. the plug temp is just the temp at where self cleaning occurs. to low a plug temp, it fouls up, to high and it causes preignition of the incoming fresh fuel charge.

The acceleration is kinda weak with this pilot to all the way threw to half 3/4 I'm thinking about raising the needle second from bottom so is that the fourth slot
If you have the needle with 5 grooves on it, at your altitude I would be putting that c clip in the middle groove.

An now he is talking about timing, which has nothing to do with plug temp either. lol.
Trying to do too many changes at once rather than One at a time...He will never get it right until he goes back to the basics...This is also the reason why even the manufacturers tell people to not make any changes whatsoever until the motor is fully broken in.

Say I retarded the timing a few degrees and raise my needle. How will this effect my tune and bike. Only a bit of knocking when I come off WOT or under lighter load draft a car slight decline back against the wind. Something I was thinking earlier to reduce the need to go up a jet and lower temps. Mid range. Is perfect but I'm having an issue top end and low end being slight lean like now runs like a champ way better that the 60 with the 30 pilot I've lower the needle and take the cap off with improvement and significant improvement with the cap off. It's kinda soft especially when I start with the air screw 1 1/2.

Back