Could this be a reason for wrist pin bearing failure?

Yes it is the cast iron cylinder.
Kind of on the back burner at the moment. Working on a Yamaha Blaster and my snowmobile.
The cast iron cylinder is 40mm and I have a nickle/silicon aluminum Airsal cylinder that is 46mm.

My goal over the winter was to build a bike engine dyno.
Electric starter motor, chain to a big inertia weight, truck tire or something.
Start the motor and warm it up, then haul the inertia load, record the ignition pulses with an induction coil.
Play it on Tom's Tuning Tools or run it thru and Excel spreadsheet to make a graph.
By how fast you accelerate the load you know hp.

Steve

I'm seriously pondering an electric start. Bought a military style ammo container which will get put on my bike at some point, I hope to put a small battery in it that will run a starter motor.

The problem is that I can't find a listing indicating pitch on the starter gear. Nor can I find a listing where I could get different gear-ends to match our normal half inch pitch. If a pull start was taken apart and a small sprocket fitted maybe with some spacers and circlips the pull would actually be a chain being driven by the motor.

I'm lookin at my parts and deciding what I want to try. If I need to weld some gears together then I will, I believe this will work great.

My goal is just to have a 110v electric to start the bike-motor on the bench.
For riding, I like it to be as light as can be.

10 kg bicycle
8 kb 2 stroke motor
3 kg lead acid battery
1 kg starter
4 kg jackshaft kit

Do you see the way this is going? Pretty soon you have a motorcycle.

My goal is just to have a 110v electric to start the bike-motor on the bench.
For riding, I like it to be as light as can be.

10 kg bicycle
8 kb 2 stroke motor
3 kg lead acid battery
1 kg starter
4 kg jackshaft kit

Do you see the way this is going? Pretty soon you have a motorcycle.

Single speed hammer drill with standard drill option from harbor freight, 14mm socket and it starts the engine from the magneto side. Done it several times and works, just pull the drill once the engine kicks in otherwise it unscrew s its nut

Single speed hammer drill with standard drill option from harbor freight, 14mm socket and it starts the engine from the magneto side. Done it several times and works, just pull the drill once the engine kicks in otherwise it unscrew s its nut
That's how junior dragsters are started, shaves the weight of a pull or electric start.

That's how junior dragsters are started, shaves the weight of a pull or electric start.
Hey, when it's freezing outside, and you don't got time for games, you MAKE it work. Fortunately my cordless Milwaukee is just underpowered enough that I can't be lazy and drag it along wherever I go for easy starting.

I've done that but with only an M8 nut I worry about twisting the shaft off or stripping the thread.
Good to mention it though guys, with the sparkplug out it is also a great way to check ignition.

Back