Wrist pin clips

graggy

Local time
6:10 AM
I recently bought a 80/66 engine from bikeberry. I’m trying to put the wrist pin and clip in to connec the piston. The piston came with one clip in it already but the other clip (and they sent me 4 of them) do not look like the one that came in the piston. Will this different clip work and how do I get it in with only one side to hold on the clip

Attachments

• IMG_1261.jpeg
    IMG_1261.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1259.jpeg
    IMG_1259.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1260.jpeg
    IMG_1260.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 73
I recently bought a 80/66 engine from bikeberry. I’m trying to put the wrist pin and clip in to connec the piston. The piston came with one clip in it already but the other clip (and they sent me 4 of them) do not look like the one that came in the piston. Will this different clip work and how do I get it in with only one side to hold on the clip
In the first pic you show with the clip in the piston housing, take that down with you to either your local small engine repair shop, or where I went to get decent clips, an equipment rental shop that does their own in house repairs and have them get you a few clips like the one shown in the pic that fits that...I hate the G shaped clips that usually come with these motor kits but love the other type in your piston clip...It only takes a small, long nosed, thin needle nose pliers to snap those in place nice and easy.

In the first pic you show with the clip in the piston housing, take that down with you to either your local small engine repair shop, or where I went to get decent clips, an equipment rental shop that does their own in house repairs and have them get you a few clips like the one shown in the pic that fits that...I hate the G shaped clips that usually come with these motor kits but love the other type in your piston clip...It only takes a small, long nosed, thin needle nose pliers to snap thos in nice and easy.
Thanks I appreciate the info. I’m on my way to see if can find some

Easiest to install…

Problem with this choice is it’ll cost you about $10-$12 with shipping.

Easiest to install…

Problem with this choice is it’ll cost you about $10-$12 with shipping.
Thats why I recommended the type of place where I got mine...The owner insisted on just giving them to me for free even though I wanted to pay him for them...lol.

Thats why I recommended the type of place where I got mine...The owner insisted on just giving them to me for free even though I wanted to pay him for them...lol.
Is that what I have a 10 mm wrist pin clip? I searched all over my area and nobody had a clue what size it was and they all said they needed a part number. Any other suggestions Damien?

The 66/80cc engines have a 10mm wrist pin… so yes.. you have a 10mm pin if it’s the engine referenced in the first post of this thread.

Is that what I have a 10 mm wrist pin clip? I searched all over my area and nobody had a clue what size it was and they all said they needed a part number. Any other suggestions Damien?
Did you actually bring the piston WITH you like I suggested so they could match it up for you???...Thats what I did with mine, except mine were larger being a Phantom motor...and yes your motor should have the 10mm wrist pin clip.

take that down with you

Did you actually bring the piston WITH you like I suggested so they could match it up for you???...Thats what I did with mine, except mine were larger being a Phantom motor...and yes your motor should have the 10mm wrist pin clip.
Yes I did take the piston with me and it had the one correct clip in it also. I don’t think the people around here want to be bothered with stuff like this. That’s the impression I got. So I called bikeberry up and they understood what I needed and they already sent me an email saying that they were going to send me the clip and they showed me a picture of it. I guess I will just wait to get it. Hopefully it won’t take too long

Back