Death of Onyx bikes?

mark20

Local time
6:16 PM
just saw this on Moped army, sad that onyx is going down under as their bikes were kickass and not over priced.
ripebike.jpg

He's blaming Tim Seward as being a loud mouth in the demise...It should be noted that Tim was the brains behind Onyx in the first place and did all the design work...He then moved on to bigger and better things and left Onyx to his buddy, lock stock and barrel with no further business interest in the company...there is much more behind this story and i think your going to find mismanagement and sour grapes in the mix...Don't forget that this was, after all, a small, crowdsource funded, with no REAL cash reserves behind it, S.F company in the land of fruits and nuts, and Californication...lol...lol...DAMIEN

Excuse me darwin and Damien. It's possible that the politics was probably a tool used by the CEOs of big moped and ebike manufacturers forming a cartel to get rid of onyx, i.e. it's big business who is bringing down onyx. After a little time check close which company's (or companies') sales increase because onyx is out of the picture.

If its all big business, why is the former partner who was handed sole ownership of Onyx by Tim Seward, the original designer mover and shaker behind the Onyx, being blamed as one of the chief causes for the failure???

You're right DAMIEN1307. I spoke when I should have kept quiet. I don't know anything about the details of the demise. Unfortunately, I cannot answer your question.

Back