delete me if not allowed but

ismellnownlatters

Local time
8:20 AM
any idea how to install a motorcycle chain thats uses o rings? it isnt like are bike chains at all it has to be pressed on but i just cant see buying another new tool anyone ever install one with out the tool? the part im talking about is the masterlink

Here maybe. Look this up.
Screenshot_20231106-185003_YouTube.jpg

What part of the process are you having trouble with?

I am going to assume it's getting the top plate pressed on far enough to get the clip installed?

Chain tools actually come with a press just for this purpose, and it is somewhat necessary with O-ring chains. As the video above proves, you can do it without the special tools. I've had to do it too.

I keep this tool on my dual sport in my tool kit. It works decently, but requires a bit of fiddling with to get everything set.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
i ride so much i just want to make sure i do it right btw i now have over 10000 miles on my 2023 rebel lol . but i swear i trully have to leave the state to go to a walmart lol. well we have a walmart in my state its just more far

Back