DIY Homemade DC Welder

Take an AA Lithium Battery, connect + and - Stand 20' back and watch it Blow Up.
Or just put one in your pocket with a pocket full of change

Take an AA Lithium Battery, connect + and - Stand 20' back and watch it Blow Up.
Or just put one in your pocket with a pocket full of change
See the link; just about all li batts blow if you treat them bad... not mine... I’ve smoked 3s of my pack and rode on it for a week before I took the bad cells out... they’re fine... thanks for the concern.

It’s been used to jump a car on 4s (15v), of course I had to remove the bodywork to gain access to the battery. Probably never use it to weld. It’s a work in progress.

Wrench, agree with everything you wrote. Including that it’s a bad idea with lithium batteries. But these batteries do not blow. I’ve sacrificed a few higher IR cells to find out and shorting them does nothing but puff them up. Also the pack is rated for 600A peak. I think I’m ok.
I'm Scared to try anything weird with batteries.
Had a truck battery blow up once. I had just turned around and Boom. I was lucky
Someone had crossed the wires on the voltage reg to charge the battery at 16v and cooked the Battery. (old truck)
We figure static ele. sparked the fumes and blew up the battery.

See the link; just about all li batts blow if you treat them bad... not mine... I’ve smoked 3s of my pack and rode on it for a week before I took the bad cells out... they’re fine... thanks for the concern.
When I do my E bike I'm gonna ask you for some advice

Back