Don't buy this light

Whitewill1412

Local time
6:59 PM
I got a Ventura brake light/turn signal on Amazon. I ordered it yesterday. Got it today. I love Amazon, but this thing is junk. It works, but it iis such cheap plastic that I think it will fall apart and fall off like my rear reflector did today. Not only that, but the instructions are in German. I didn't know the Chinese spoke German.

I got a Ventura brake light/turn signal on Amazon. I ordered it yesterday. Got it today. I love Amazon, but this thing is junk. It works, but it iis such cheap plastic that I think it will fall apart and fall off like my rear reflector did today. Not only that, but the instructions are in German. I didn't know the Chinese spoke German.
These lights I bought don't have a brake light or turn signal in them, (That is not a requirement for motorised bicycles where I live since they are only looked at as bicycles by law), but fulfills the requirement of having front and rear lighting if you ride at night at all.

I tried one pair of front and rear first to make sure they worked well etc...Better than what I thought...lol...So I now have a pair of headlights as well.

I also bought extra rear tailights that match the ones that come with the kit...I now have enough lights that I even have some flashing side markers as well as flashing tailights...It's lit like a christmas tree at night...lol.

Watch the videos of the lights brightness...Added bonus, it has built in horns as well as not only rechargable by plugging it in to the wall socket at home, but also solar panel built in to charge while riding outdoors in daylight conditions...lol.

Here they are mounted to my bike...On the second pic, you will see them as side markers mounted on my tool bag on the front end.

DSCN0230.JPG

DSCN0229.JPG

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I already have a set of front and rear lights. Also a headlight with a horn. I thought it would be a good idea to have a brake light and turn signals, but it's not gonna be this one. It's going right back. It's such a piece of junk.

When you DO come across a good set, let the rest of us know about it...As far as lighting is concerned, I think this is probably one of the most elusive items to find in our little hobby/sport, a decent, well built, nice running set of combo brake lights and turn signal ensemble without it being a complicated, crappy, hot mess...lol.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
If the instructions are in German, but the kit is from China, I wonder if it's actually real German or something Googlefish made up.......
I have 2 different sets of Chinese brake light/turn signals combos, haven't tried them yet, but yes, they do look rather cheap and I'd be very surprised if they last longer than maybe a few months at best.
Question is, do you actually need such things in terms of the traffic you encounter ?
Never forget that that's a bicycle you're riding.....
Currently, I only need lights once a week and am using a cheapie set of clip-ons, the red rear one has 6 steady/blinkie settings, the front one 3, the front has a tendency to shut off going over larger bumps.
Not great, but ok for the price - something like $ 10 - and enough for city purposes.
If you ride in rural areas with no street lights or ambient illumination form buildings, you'll need something FAR more powerful (and heavy).

If the instructions are in German, but the kit is from China, I wonder if it's actually real German or something Googlefish made up.......
I have 2 different sets of Chinese brake light/turn signals combos, haven't tried them yet, but yes, they do look rather cheap and I'd be very surprised if they last longer than maybe a few months at best.
Question is, do you actually need such things in terms of the traffic you encounter ?
Never forget that that's a bicycle you're riding.....
Currently, I only need lights once a week and am using a cheapie set of clip-ons, the red rear one has 6 steady/blinkie settings, the front one 3, the front has a tendency to shut off going over larger bumps.
Not great, but ok for the price - something like $ 10 - and enough for city purposes.
If you ride in rural areas with no street lights or ambient illumination form buildings, you'll need something FAR more powerful (and heavy).
I live in the city. There is a lot of traffic. I like the idea of a brake light.

Back