Dang it! This sounds expensive!

I suggest you just order the new jug and use the old as a paper weight

Use some heli coil to redo that stud. You will need a drill bit and tap too.

Just in case you didn't catch it, you should also replace the piston with the V3
Something like this?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
On a quick search .005 to .009. Right or wrong I'm not sure.
The generic rule of thumb for a two stroke is .004 to .005" for every inch of bore. That puts the Phantom at .008" to .010" At least for the top ring. The second ring can usually be a tad bit tighter (down to .006" would be ok)

I just check to make sure they aren't too tight. As long as a .008" feeler will slip between the gap without having to force it in, I just call it good. The cheap cast iron rings these come with are rarely ever tight.

Something like this?
Yes, but make sure you have helicoils that will be close to the same height as the depth of the hole. The more thread engagement the better.

Also make sure to mark your depth on the drill bit with a tape flag so you don't drill through into the case.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yes, but make sure you have helicoils that will be close to the same height as the depth of the hole. The more thread engagement the better.

Also make sure to mark your depth on the drill bit with a tape flag so you don't drill through into the case.
Yeah I was wondering how long they were. I just did a quick search to get an idea. I’ve never used them before. First time for everything!

Got it taken apart! The bottom piston clip broke.

There is a decent gouge in the cylinder wall and bits of the ring stuck at the top. I think I could clean it up but not sure how to proceed from here.
Your best bet would be a whole tear down because some of that pin could've possibly gotten into the bottom end. Last thing you want is to get new pins put in then have a scrap of the old one screw your whole motor up.

I was looking at the bottom earlier today and noticed the rod no longer moves. I plan on taking it apart. It will be a day or so tho. Could part of the ring gotten in there and totally messed up the engine?

Back