Duck, Duck, Mongoose.

I have finally settled on my next bike. It's a steel frame Mongoose Creekside. This bikes sole purpose will be speed and R&D. I've had this bike for some time and have already replaced all the bearings with sealed cartridges in the headset and bottom bracket. It had brand new everything as I had just rebuilt the bike before I stumbled upon this motorized bicycle craze.
This bike is going to be the recipient of the Dio Reed Sleeved Stroker Engine I'm building. The Jack shaft kit has been ordered along with another Oko carb. The rear rack is going and the seat is getting lowered and pulled back.
Going get rid of the suspension forks and go with a set of 30" triple trees forks with clip on bars. I'm still undecided about the gas tank but I'm sure I'll think of something and change my mind 10 times long before then. This build isnt in a rush to finish as I still have really never finished the Rambler yet and need to finish up the lighting system I have for it. And im also getting married for the first time in October and I have lots to do before the wedding. I will however keep the build updated as it progresses.
20190731_215831.jpg
20190731_215939.jpg
20190627_195056.jpg
20190731_220138.jpg
20190731_220226.jpg

20190731_220158.jpg
20190731_220215.jpg
20190731_220226.jpg

Attachments

• 20190731_220143.jpg
    20190731_220143.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 405
Gonna be real curious t’ see this one... The fat tube and gut geometry of my Excursion made things a little tight, but it really looks like this one has more headroom. 👍

Lol I was thinking the opposite. This bike has tons of room compared to my Rambler. This bike I'll be able to remove the head without removing the engine like on my other bike. It's going to be a little tight but alot easier than the Rambler was that's for sure. Thanks as always.(y):)

Duck duck wtf lol!
Cool bike. Cant wait to see how it turns out. Want to see the bottom of that head and the width of the squish area.

Sick head. You ever CC it??? Chamber looks huge lol. Might benefit from a milling and copper gasket.

If I had to guess I would say 8cc. Haven't seen one with a sq. band that looks like that. It'll be interesting to see what the solder looks like. Like the lines of the bike.

Sick head. You ever CC it??? Chamber looks huge lol. Might benefit from a milling and copper gasket.
I haven't checked the cc yet, but I will. I thought it looked pretty good for being a cheap Chinese head and was surprised the spark plug fit properly and wasn't short. It will be getting some work done to it before it gets put on the bike.

I haven't checked the cc yet, but I will. I thought it looked pretty good for being a cheap Chinese head and was surprised the spark plug fit properly and wasn't short. It will be getting some work done to it before it gets put on the bike.
Yea the plug fitment is great and the nice sharp crush ring looks like it would seal nice and tight.

Back