Engine 4 Strokes at Cruise

I'm not a fan of making any more noise than necessary. - It's not fair to all the people in the neighbourhoods where you ride, and just gives them a reason to be irritated with "those damn noisy contraptions". The most effective way to avoid trouble is to remember that you are the small guy on the block, and to keep your head on a swivel, expecting everyone around you to do the unexpected.

You did the jag pipe? You say the experience was great with it, care to illiterate? I'm thinking of welding one up when I get time because, while my current pipe does a nice job and is quiet, I'm still looking to get a slightly better power band...

I think if I brought the band just a tad higher in the rpm range, and "tightened" it so to speak, I could get the torque I need at lower rpm for the crazy effed up driving conditions I get, but still get better high speeds when I need them for the longer stretches where the speed limit is 40 but everyone drives 50. Luckily the shoulders are the parts of the road that are in the best condition, and since I have mirrors and turn signals navigation off the shoulder to main road is rather easy and practical even with everyone going 15 mph faster than me.

And I also have been looking at that silent exhaust he designed, I'm also not a big fan of super loud bikes, I don't like it super quiet either, but I like being able to cruise through a neighborhood at night keeping my rpms low and touch up the gearing which generally makes me very quiet. If I'm in a situation where a horn is useful I just squeeze the clutch and Rev the engine few times and it usually gets the guy staring at his phone immobile at a green light to get moving.

I think the sounds of horns pisses off people (it does me) but loud engine revs tend to startle and make people more aware, and the lower tone and variations in the tone helps people locate the source easier than a horn, which tends to sound like it's just coming from nowhere at times.

Well I have an old ass 48 cc has about 2000 miles done , just ran like crap with stock exhaust max speed ~18 mph tops with jag pipe it revs beautifully all the way to ~28 mph and way more torque on hills I can get 22 mph if I pedal along up the steepest nearby hill

Back