Engine speed

It has the idle screw and the air screw for the pilot circuit. I've read that you have to look at the number on the slide. These China girl motors like the 2mm cutaway but most come with the #1 which Is a 1mm cutaway. They say If your having a problem keeping the proper air/fuel mix between circuits that's how it's correcred. I'm still reading up on that. It is a mod that can be done with a dremel .Dragonfly address the problem in one of his papers. I want to fully understand why I'm doing something befor I just do it. To much time and money to jump on an idea half cocked.
THat would be right the cutaway alowing alittle more air thru as the transition between the pilot jet and needle starts as the slide just starts to lift and so yes makes the most sence! That may even allow a larger main jet since you mentioned the plug reads lean,with the transition cured it should pull sooner and clean out as it gets to the 3/4 range and then be able to run a tad richer for a better suited read of the plug!

I am not really educated on these carbs. I'm guessing the cut away is the pottion at the bottom intake side of the barrel angling upward?
Yes it's the cut angle at the bottom of the barrel(slide)but it should be on the side of the filter!

Yes it's the cut angle at the bottom of the barrel(slide)but it should be on the side of the filter!
Ya we mean the same thing on that. In my head the intake side of the carb. is the filter side and the engine side the output. See what you mean as it would be easier to use filter and intake for directional terms.

Back