engine tweeks to increase hp

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, its for a 45mm bore and the bolt pattern is probably slightly different, but i have a dremel with all the bits i could need and a drill press so its no problemo.

Rocksolid's billet head looks awesome and I've heard nothing but good things about it but, it costs WAY too much.

Name SKU Price Quantity Subtotal
Billet Aluminium 70cc Performance Head
Bill70ccHd $95.00 1 $95.00
Subtotal: $95.00
Shipping and Handling Fee: $16.30

Total: $111.30
Tax Total: $8.64

Apparently they don't factor in tax in the total price so the real total is:
119.94 Australian dollars = 108.821562 U.S. dollars

Nope, I'm not paying that much for a block of aluminum.

Anyway, I am very interested in using this Puch head but, I have a lot of questions.

What did you have to do to get it to work?
Did you modify the combustion chamber?
How different is the bolt pattern?
What size head studs is it designed to use?
Do you know the volume of the head?
If you have any pictures, please post them.

If you just ordered the head, let us know when you get things working.

i'll always be one step ahead of you speedy

1013091510.jpg

That ain't no clay, thats a big piece of Aluminum! Wow that looks nice. Now all we have to do is find a crank. I have some cranks out of a few bikes, but the problem is that the happy engine has flywheels that overhang the bearings. I think if someone was inclined they could make one up scratch. Just use one of the rod kits out of another engine. All the good cranks have 12mm pins. Have fun, Dave

yes 12mm. i'll be using the stock crank. i might add up to another centimeter of stroke to get me to the 80cc limit at the death race.

AH! its driving me nuts, i want SOO badly to go to the death race but i cant! anything like this in california? oh and clay, you say your a step ahead but hear this: im ordering a 4 petal reed valve to weld up to an intake mani that will have a 18mm mikuni on the other end. oh and as for the moped head, i have it sitting next to me. looks like the bolts are the same pattern but the holes are larger. ill have to see how it goes

i'm exactly 10mm ahead of you speedy, as far as stroke is concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back