Engine wont start but makes brrrrr sound

Dapper_strategy4301

Local time
8:25 AM
When i let go of my clutch the engine will make a brrrrrrrrbrrrr sound but won't start sometimes it will start then die immediately not even a second later but now it just makes the brrrrrrrr sound. I'm new to this

20220805_193217.jpg
20220805_193222.jpg
20220805_193228.jpg
20220805_193326.jpg

The sound you are hearing is probably just the piston moving up and down in the cylinder and the air moving through said engine as you spin the engine over while pedaling.

As far as not starting you just need to go to the basics. Air. Fuel. Spark. The first two need to not only be present but also in the right ratios. This means jetting being right and no air leaks present on the motor to cause a lean issue.

Spark is easy to check. Remove the plug from the engine and plug it back into the plug wire. Rest the plug against the cylinder head so the metal threads are touching and spin the rear wheel while the clutch lever is out so it spins the engine over (or take off the magneto side cover and spin the engine over with a drill with the clutch locked back). You should see spark. If not you found the cause so now you just need to track down the culprit

maybe i'm going crazy but those pictures look like you have no studs or bolts on them.... am i missing something? Take a better picture of the head
Nope not crazy. I think we can safely say the issue is a lack of compression due to the head gasket not sealing... for obvious reasons

Back