Exhaust F2 thrust exhaust

Local time
8:36 PM
Hey was wondering if the f2 thrust requires rejetting of the carb?

Doing a couple of upgrades a long with my frame update of my new specialized hardrock 17.

Probably, when you add one of these the carb usually needs a slight tuning (usually richer) to run really nice in the new powerband. Easiest way find out where to go is to get it warm and ride the powerband a bit, once you feel it kick in hold it around there for a while and then give the plug a check. Adjust accordingly, likely it will be in a range where you need to change the jet, and maybe raise the clip a notch.

Probably, when you add one of these the carb usually needs a slight tuning (usually richer) to run really nice in the new powerband. Easiest way find out where to go is to get it warm and ride the powerband a bit, once you feel it kick in hold it around there for a while and then give the plug a check. Adjust accordingly, likely it will be in a range where you need to change the jet, and maybe raise the clip a notch.

Yep sounds like a risk with no jets on hand I still got a box of Honda monkey jets to be sold but have no my jet.

It's going to run better, without a rejet it will still run fine, but will probably be just a hair lean. You can probably compensate with the needle a tad unless you are already running that at the lowest point with it.

If you can't afford a new engine sooner than not then maybe pass on the pipe for now, it will kill any engine faster, it's the nature of deriving more power from anything. If you get one if these expect to also invest in heat wrap, these pipes sit right under your left leg and sit high enough that you'll end up very close to it. Jeans don't help you need to cover it or your leg will get toasty.

It's going to run better, without a rejet it will still run fine, but will probably be just a hair lean. You can probably compensate with the needle a tad unless you are already running that at the lowest point with it.

If you can't afford a new engine sooner than not then maybe pass on the pipe for now, it will kill any engine faster, it's the nature of deriving more power from anything. If you get one if these expect to also invest in heat wrap, these pipes sit right under your left leg and sit high enough that you'll end up very close to it. Jeans don't help you need to cover it or your leg will get toasty.

Still in the market for new pipe considering a banana and cut the tip later when I have jets then weld the stock pipe to that.

But for now excessive re welding is too much so why not a banana closest to stock could offer a 2% gain by shape.

When using a new zeda firestorm edition motor and zeda 88 expansion chamber pipe and a CNC high compression head do I need to up jet or down jet my carb and by how much and should I raise or lower the clip on the needle pin?

Is that F2 thrust pipe better then the Zeda88 expansion chamber pipe?
No not really the 88 will be better then the thrust but both require rejetting as your changing to a more free flowing exhaust.

Bike berry sells nt jet kits for $25.00

The only one that comes close to an expansion chamber is the full sized banana pipe in theory.

Some have extra piping in them though up to 5inches + but like I said save your self time buy a jet kit just in case.

Out of bike berry, king motored bikes, and gasbike.net I would say that maniac mechanic and mz are far more advanced then the three other sites.

If the price matters to smaller parts such as tensioners, sprockets, and miscellaneous items go with the top three cheap vendors.

If your seeking power upgrades maniac and mz are the best as mz is the only seller of proper ported cylinders everyone else is selling slop work.

Last edited:
When using a new zeda firestorm edition motor and zeda 88 expansion chamber pipe and a CNC high compression head do I need to up jet or down jet my carb and by how much and should I raise or lower the clip on the needle pin?

Always upjet but more likely if it's by the brand maker you may not need upjetting.

"Let your fresh plug be the judge of rich or lean burns it should always be coffee with creamer brown. Anything darker means to rich, if the plugs clean as a whistle that means far to lean."

Up pushes the needle down the jet so if I'm correct that's leaner...

Moving down the clip pulls the needle out the jet thus making it richer.

Last edited:
That's correct. The slide moves up allowing more air, so with the needle lower, it's restricting fuel flow creating a more air to fuel ratio. (Leaner). And Vise-versa.

Back