Fall Is in The Air

Samhain (samh = Summer, fuin = end
Also note that in the Irish Celtic Gaelic language of Ireland that this is actually pronounced as "Sow-an" with the emphasis on the first syllable...It is pronounced nothing like it is spelt...lol...But then again, nothing in Gaelic is pronounced like it is spelt in Gaelic...lol.

As a for instance, two different names used quite frequently in Ireland..."Sean", pronounced 'Shawn', and "Siobhan" pronounced 'Shiv-on'

OK, thats our Gaelic language class for the day, hope you all enjoyed...lol.

Someone needs to tell Greta Thunberg that her global warming isn't working.
Love it...lol...Someone should put a face mask with gag on that one permanently until she grows up enough to actually know anything she pretends to know all about and espouse like so much vomit...lol.

Idaho is having it's hottest summer on record. We also beat the number of 100 degree days... it was at 20... we're at 27 this year. We got 2nd place (which is now 3rd place) last year with 18 days...

I dunno about global warming, I can just tell you that FOR SURE this has been the hottest friggin summer this state has ever recorded.

I dunno about global warming, I can just tell you that FOR SURE this has been the hottest friggin summer this state has ever recorded.
And it just the opposite here in NM as I'm used to seeing many, many, triple digit temps here in the summer, we only had a handful of those this year, but we did have alot of rain during our Monsoon Season down here this year which helped keep things cooler than normal for this part of the Country.

I will say this year, my garden 🍅🌶 produced very little. Haven't seen any honey bees 🐝 or clover flowers ☘. Also haven't had to spray a single wasp nest around my house.

Did have plenty of mosquitos 🦟 though but that could've been because my neighbor 🏘 rarely mows 🚜 his lawn ⛰

Did have plenty of mosquitos 🦟
I spent Sunday afternoon removing some rotted wooden boards out of my back yard from when I had the front porch repaired with new wood etc, and low and behold, I found around 10 or 12 black widow spiders...You can be sure I was being very careful after seeing the first one when I lifted the first board...lol...First time I had seen a black widow, let alone 10 or 12, up front and personal since I moved here 11 years ago...lol.

Also note that in the Irish Celtic Gaelic language of Ireland that this is actually pronounced as "Sow-an" with the emphasis on the first syllable...It is pronounced nothing like it is spelt...lol...But then again, nothing in Gaelic is pronounced like it is spelt in Gaelic...lol.

As a for instance, two different names used quite frequently in Ireland..."Sean", pronounced 'Shawn', and "Siobhan" pronounced 'Shiv-on'

OK, thats our Gaelic language class for the day, hope you all enjoyed...lol.
No Irish allowed, English only site! Nuff said.

I spent Sunday afternoon removing some rotted wooden boards out of my back yard from when I had the front porch repaired with new wood etc, and low and behold, I found around 10 or 12 black widow spiders...You can be sure I was being vry careful after seeing the first one when I lifted the first board...lol...First time I had seen a black widow, let alone 10 or 12, up front and personal since I moved here 11 years ago...lol.
Strangely, my nephew was organizing one of his storage buildings and found a bunch of Black Widows 🕸🕷 in it. He also said they were unusually large as well.

And it just the opposite here in NM as I'm used to seeing many, many, triple digit temps here in the summer, we only had a handful of those this year, but we did have alot of rain during our Monsoon Season down here this year which helped keep things cooler than normal for this part of the Country.
... you can have it back. I liked my semi-nice Summers. This one was brutal...

Back