Felt Fat Tire Ale build

Hello all, this is my first post on this forum. I have been working on my new motorbike build for a few weeks now. I started by picking up a Felt Fat Tire Ale giveaway bike off craigslist for super cheap.
Here it is minus the original handle bars I put on some 40 year old schwinn bars.
_G0C2008_zpsaed1407f.jpg

I then started playing with it. I decided to go with a 99cc predator engine, stormy archer 70mm front drum brake, Felt Abraham front fork (very nice by the way) and a few other goodies. I couldn't decide on a fuel tank for the longest time but I wound up going with a HOnd GX390 fuel tank.
_G0C2032_zpsf1ed76c1.jpg

After a couple weeks the bike finally started to take shape.
P1080974_zps25455425.jpg

I got to the point of making throttle linkage and air filter setups to better clear my legs and pedals. I decided to pickup a PZ22 style carb since hooking up throttle would be easier and a UNI air filter slides right on. To make it all bolt to the engine I used 3/4" copper tubing and 1/4" copper plate to make an intake manifold.
P1080991_zps52f2e0e6.jpg

P1090010_zps8efc1937.jpg

Old unneeded parts?

I found this post because I just obtained a Felt Fat Tire Ale Cruiser today just like your project bike, but it is missing the front fender and rear rack support bars. Any chance that you would be interested in parting with yours now that you won't be needing them? PM me? Thanks, and great job by the way!!

Back