First build, I might be hooked!

First, I'd like to thank all of the members of this forum. I found a lot of great info on here to help with the build. I also found info in the /r/motorizedbikes subreddit as well as a couple other resources. All seem like great communities of people who like to work together and share info.

My build started with a Sixthreezero Around the Block men's 26" single speed. I wanted a steel frame beach cruiser style bike with some style, but also a brand with a fairly good reputation and not overly expensive. I went with the matte grey, as I wanted a little bit of contrast with the black and white.

From there, I went with the typical ebay 66cc two-stroke china girl kit. The following items I added to the build:
  • CDH Power 44T sprocket/hub kit
  • North Tiger Spring chain tensioner
  • #41 nickel plated chain
  • Planet Bike Polycarbonate Fenders
  • Tektro Front dual-pivot caliper with Kool Stop Pads
  • XYZCTEM Rearview Mirrors
  • "Retro Clown Horn"
The tank and CDI are affixed to the frame using 3M VHB as well as the brackets supplied with the kit. This was an effort to reduce any movement post-install and prevent me from having to over-torque the fasteners. During install everything was disassembled, lubricated, loctited and re-torqued.

Still breaking her in. I'm running the VP Fuels 40:1 premix, as I live in MA and non-ethanol based fuels are not found at the pump. Top GPS measured speed at this point is 32.8MPH. I've retorqued once so far but haven't found anything of concern just yet.

I had a fantastic time building this and am hoping to step it up a bit more on the next build. I'd love to do something with disc brakes and suspension next with a bit more off-road capability.

Here are the pictures. I hope you enjoy as much as I have! Feel free to express any concerns, dislikes or whatnot, I can take it!
(Click thumbnail for full size)

best online photo viewer

Lol, sadly I don't have any M/B friends. I do have many Enduro/off-road MC and street bike friends and they think I'm crazy doing all of this. To them I kindly explain that motorized bicycles are the roots of motorcycles and to be fair, two wheels are two wheels. Plus, this was more of just a fun winter project for me than anything else. As soon as riding season starts back up I'll be out and about on the other bikes. But this will be fun for a quick jaunt here or there.

Also, I'm surprised nobody has made any cracks about the name I put on the tank. Tame crowd for sure! :D
If you want a cool horn on your bike, you can buy a motorcycle or car horn on eBay and wire it up to a lipo battery for some fun. It will definitely get people out of the way and looking at you...putting one on my next build :LOL:

Basically means "cat's meow" could mean p**sy magnet, but not for you.

Also, I'm surprised nobody has made any cracks about the name I put on the tank. Tame crowd for sure! :D
[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha, "Lame and s**tty" I just Paid attention and saw that. That's almost as good as Hardly a Davidson.
Ya wanna know what's really funny. When I saw the tank from a distance in the post picture, I just thought you were trying to be clever and spell your name in Italian. LOL
Edit: Am I wrong? my Italian ain't very good

Last edited:
OK, I had to look it up I told you my (Italian) French was not very good.
L'aminant de chatte Sorry Bro. in Red Neck it reads "Lame and s**tty" LOL
But I dig "The p**sy Magnet" Clever you are. But still "Lame and s**tty" fits too. LOL

It’s the wheel that came with the bike so I am not sure to be honest.

Back