First build...Schwinn Cycle Truck on the road

Well with the exception of the chain hitting the rear fender my Cycle Truck is on the road. After reading all the woes involved with the chain tensioner I decided I would try to get away from it all together. I included a pic of the chain adjuster I made which consists on a notched piece on 3/4 angle iron bolted to the fender brace hole and a motorcycle type adjuster (basically a screw with a washer on its head). This allowed for a really fine adjustment. The chain that came with the kit is bent in a couple of places so it hits the fender intermittently (drives me crazy). I had a Hawthorne generator headlight hanging around so I hooked it up to the white wire and it works great. Kit is a BGF and was everything I could hope for at that price. The only thing left is a pedal chain chain guard ( I have a Cycle Truck guard but can't bring myself to cut it) and put more miles on the motor. Thanks to everyone for posting such helpful information.

Attachments

• MVC-779F.JPG
    MVC-779F.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,521
  • MVC-782F.JPG
    MVC-782F.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 816
  • MVC-787F.JPG
    MVC-787F.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,072
Excellent !! The front wheel/basket are the unique aspects.

Crimping and cutting rare parts is a tough decision, I hope you can find a good substitute on the chain guard side.

Back