First day driven? Questions!

Local time
1:13 PM
First day riding a couple of hours ago during first day of break in I noticed a few extra sounds... I'm getting a hint of chain pop when laying on/off the throttle.

Under solid speed no pops does the tensioner plate need to be bent a tad bit to compensate for the angle pitch of the tensioner

Also I notice it stalls out pretty easy should I up the idle or complete break in procedure first?

I usually run idle a good bit high on new motors until they settle down some - noises are common when new, check/adjust all right away until things stop loosening, stretching and bending

I try to get tensioner roller to point chain right exactly at middle of rear sprocket.

I usually run idle a good bit high on new motors until they settle down some - noises are common when new, check/adjust all right away until things stop loosening, stretching and bending

I try to get tensioner roller to point chain right exactly at middle of rear sprocket.

Idle screw at the neck of the carb? It has a slide so may need to open and set it til it barely lifts up.

Can a box wrench bend that tensioner it's stock and pretty thick....

Be back momentarily, have to fix a wrap issue in my wife's van... hopefully its just an old hose.

I take tensioner off before bending to keep from ripping paint off chain stay if it twists at the mount.

two rules are:
1 don;t get lazy
2 don't get in a hurry

I take tensioner off before bending to keep from ripping paint off chain stay if it twists at the mount.

two rules are:
1 don;t get lazy
2 don't get in a hurry

I've been keeping speed below 15 mph

Also I had to re adjust the tensioner wheel doesn't pop now.

two rules are:
1 don;t get lazy
2 don't get in a hurry

I can't find the post in regards to break ins I have a question on second and third tank during break in

Quote- "4 tanks til broke in."

Should I change the break in ratio on second tank or no.

No, just keep using 24:1 for the first gallon, and keep the air/fuel ratio rich until the gallon is used up, then go to 32:1 and adjust the carb to your preference.

I used 16:1 for 2 full tanks and just switched to 32:1 and I’m getting ready to start trying to tune in the carburetor just as Furry said above. Always better to be on the rich side of things rather than the lean side! I’m right where you’re at with breaking my motor in also... best of luck!

I used 16:1 for 2 full tanks and just switched to 32:1 and I’m getting ready to start trying to tune in the carburetor just as Furry said above. Always better to be on the rich side of things rather than the lean side! I’m right where you’re at with breaking my motor in also... best of luck!
Thanks
I have just ordered my friends kit as well....

Hopefully my carb line falling did not lose too much I'll count that as a 1/4 fuel lost. Should be able to move up the mix a bit now though I'm sure it's broken in after driving to federal way in a pretty generous incline.
Was hell to pickup his bike and someone pinholed me two days ago at the gas station.

Going into third tank in the next 2 days then she'll be ready to ride to work.

Back