Florida laws? grr

Discussion in 'Laws, Legislation & Emissions' started by imjakethesnake, Jan 12, 2010.

  1. imjakethesnake

    imjakethesnake New Member

    i have been searching for weeks in regards to my 50cc ht being legal or not. cant get any strait answers... currently have a suspended license hense the mb. haha. any advice in this matter?

    thanks guys

  2. ibdennyak

    ibdennyak Guest

    Don't quote me, but I believe in some of the posts that I have read, Florida is considered bike friendly. They may require a license though.....any Floridians out there?
  3. srdavo

    srdavo Active Member

    scroll down this page to "Similar Threads". There are 3 threads on Florida laws.
    Lots of info, discussion & disagreements.
  4. stealthc9

    stealthc9 Member

    I've been riding on a suspended for a year..on my ninja 250 and on my motorbikes,

    i've been pulled over on the motorbike (because they were curious about it) and I was just able to ride off. I just sent out my REG 320 so i'll have a tag for the MB soon! Then I have to get headlights and tail lights on it before I put the tag on it.

    I've been told by the DMV here that they cannot give me a tag. But Im going above them HAHA, Cali DMV will give me a tag for $20 so i'll do that!!
  5. Esteban

    Esteban Active Member

    Yep, plenty of info on those threads.

    A TIP:

    If you do motorize, don't add performance items/louder exhaust to bike. Obey traffic laws, don't speed or ride in a reckless manner. Don't do anything to draw attention to yourself. Don't drive while drinking AT ALL !
    I have said it before & will say it again, " the more motorized bike riders we have, the faster they go,, the sooner we will all see strict laws enacted.
  6. srdavo

    srdavo Active Member

    so true.
  7. imjakethesnake

    imjakethesnake New Member

    to stealthc9

    yea i think thats an awesome idea for going thru cali for plates, but you can do that with a suspended fl dl and not be a cali resident? that is definently something id like to know more about. what do you have to do?
  8. stealthc9

    stealthc9 Member

    IDK if I can or not. BUT they DO NOT ask for your Drivers license number :)

    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
  9. Mountainman

    Mountainman Active Member

    yes the Calf plate may keep them off your back ??
    many here in Calif riding MB's with sus license
    probaly will not be long before DMV writes special things
    such as in some states
    it is called out
    no riding motorized bicycles if license was sus

    ride that thing
  10. stealthc9

    stealthc9 Member

    The great thing is they ask for my state and what not. and they told me on the phone a "universal" plate would be issued.
  11. Mountainman

    Mountainman Active Member

    Calif is hurting for money -- that's for sure

    Calif is hurting for money -- that's for sure
    never heard of such a plate ------------------ until now that is
    with the going broke THING going on here in Calif
    I think that we should sell motorized bicycle plates to anyone in the world for 9.99

    maybe even a ((( two for one deal ))) such as seen on TV ??

  12. stealthc9

    stealthc9 Member

    LMFAO, see im perfectly content with $20 because when it comes down to it. Shipping just regular mail would be nearly $8 for just shipping a motorcycle size plate.
  13. ibdennyak

    ibdennyak Guest

    say now, that is the first positive result to the current economic mess I have seen. The tide may be turning. :whistling:
  14. sangesf

    sangesf New Member

    Doesn't matter if you have a Cali plate or not... If you're riding an MB (gas) in Florida, you better have a DL (from any state) or you will get into trouble..

    Bottom line, until FL as an entire state decides a gas powered bike, is not a moped (in terms of drivers licenses) you need a DL to ride one (unless you're one of the lucky ones who live in a municipality that doesn't require them).
  15. imjakethesnake

    imjakethesnake New Member

    uh oh here he comes to pee on everyones day again... don't argue with him hes anally convinced. he must have a grudge against petrol....
  16. sangesf

    sangesf New Member

    Excuse me for stating FACTS...
    I'm not "raining on anyones parade" it's just the fact that you lost your license and instead of either paying the fines you owe or dealing with what punishment you recieved for doing something wrong, you're trying to find someone to tell you it's ok to do something illegal.
    Listen, I know this because I felt the same way when I first lost my license.

    Now I don't complain that I can't ride a gas powered bike, I follow Florida law, until I fix my license...

    Feel lucky you even have an option... In the state I lost my license you can't even drive an electric bike, without a DL.

    I would say, for you, your best option is to go hybrid.
    Have a gas motor AND electric motor on your ride. So when your driving in Daytona and then when you leave the city limits, turn off gas and go electric...

    If you're really inventive, you could even setup your gas engine to supply power to charge the batteries while your riding electrically.

    Don't complain; adapt and figure a way to still stay within the law and still be able to use your ride for fun and transportation.

    Maybe even discover some way of figuring out a loophole in the system and sharing it with others and be HELPFUL..