Frame-Mount 4-Stroke Source? YES!

Can anybody answer if the gear noise issue has finally resolved? This is the only thing that is preventing me from pulling the trigger on a new 4 stroke.

Gear noise

Gear noise or not, long term, the 4-strokes is the way to go. The kits will get cheaper, and hopefully the engines will too. I just started riding these little Chinese motorbikes about 6 weeks ago, and it's a lot of fun. However, it's one problem after another, even with my mechanical experience. I have my 48cc engine now, and I have a new 80cc still in the box. Once both of those are blown, I am going for the 4-stroke.

The new Grubee GB with the CNC machined gears are much quieter than the older model GB. I have both the old and the new and the old model was a piece of junk IMO. I tried everything to quiet down the noisey gears and nothing worked. Grubee offered a free replacement to those who purchased the older noisy model available from the dealer that you purchased your GB from. In my case the dealer was you know who that was banned from MBc and would not honor the free replacement.

Greetings... I found another vendor that is selling a 4 stroke kit. It is even cheaper than the one mentioned earlier in this thread. I am not sure if this is the same skyhawk 2 kit or not but I have emailed to find out. I hope to hear good news. Here's the link
http://www.bikekitsdirect.com/4 stroke.htm

They state that there are no returns on any parts that are used! I guess that means the 10 feet or ten second rule.
Doc

sometimes, cheaper is cheaper. someone will check one out and we'll learn more.

i think it's gonna be a 4-stroke version of a "bottom line" happy-time merchant. i hope i'm wrong, but there will be many cropping up...

I was in contact with this vendor when I had my 4 stroke happy time motor kit. At that time I was doing the oil in the gearbox trial and error thing and was searching for a source of supply for parts. The reply is as follows,

Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 10:37 AM
Subject: RE: Info on parts

Hi Joe,

I have a couple of clutches that came in the spare parts with the shipment of 100 kits that were received last week.

I am really only selling kits, but will offer parts as necessary for failures on the kits. I do have a very good source for parts in China, If you could send me a photo of the clutch and housing assembly on the motor you are referencing, I will see if what I have is what you need.

This is not the same gearbox as offered on the Grubee units.

I will also be offering a rear engine kit in the near future. I will check out the www.motoredbikes.com

Good hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Bill Moller

Bikekitsdirect.com LLC

After sending pictures of my needed parts, I never heard from them again. So I guess their parts are for "replacement" only, and not for sale!
This is something everyone should consider if they are going for the 4 stroke. After reading posts here at MBc I understand this was also a problem in the begining with the 2 strokes. Word to the wise? When shopping look to the availability of parts, not just the assumed "LOWER" price. Hope this helps,,,,someone,

Papa

yes, the new market's gonna get as messy as the old market...we can help curb that if we all share, in detail, our experiences with new products and the people who sell them. good move papa'...the link prolly told him he didn't want to try to pull any wool over yer experienced eyes...whenever you contact a seller, mention MBc to clue them in that we're all watching.

Honda GX50

The Honda GX50 looks to be the comparable engine to the engines we see in these pictures. I would imagine based on Honda's reputation that they would have the best quality engine. However, like Augi says, we won't know till someone tries it and posts their experience. When I go 4-stroke, I will likely buy the Honda engine and mount it using most of the existing equipment from my 2-stroke kit. All that is really missing is the engine mount which I am sure can be purchased separately. Most of us already have the chain, throttle cable, sprockets, etc. Until then, I am going to have fun on my 2-stroke engines till they blow!

I will likely buy the Honda engine and mount it using most of the existing equipment from my 2-stroke kit.
prezactly!! that's why i constantly advocate developing a "made in USA" HappyX4 install kit...too easy to look out for ourselves, but i guess most of the country's forgotten how to do that. if only the install parts are sold, without engine, there'd be no worries about liabilities, epa, customs, etc...

i'm looking forward to feedback as the new market grows. it won't be long before we'll have to expand our directory to accommodate the new info that's sure to start pouring in.

Back