Frame-Mount 4-Stroke Source? YES!

relentless but effective :LOL:

i have a positive impression that you care about this, and it may not seem so, but i do, too.

EDIT: as far as i'm concerned as admin, i'm now satisfied birddog's intentions are good. as a consumer i hope i continue to hear such good things about his service. maybe the rift can start to heal, to everyone's benefit :cool:

low speed jerk(fix)

ratroder,

That seems to be the million dollar question right now. I'll offer what I know, but please understand that these have only been on the market for a short time.

The factory claims the clutch does not need lubrication. However...because the 4 stroke engine only delivers a power stroke every other revolution of the crank shaft, the clutch engagement can be "choppy" or jerky at lower speeds.

If a small amount (4 to 6 oz) of heavy gear oil is added this seems to alleviate the problem--at least for a while. The gasket on the gear box cover does not provide a liquid seal, but the heavier gear oil seems to stay in pretty well. The clutch will slip a little at first, but after it burns off the excess oil it seems to provide a fairly good balance between jerking and slipping.

I'm sorry that I can't offer a more definitive answer, but I am 75% sure that we will be moving to a lubricated clutch in the future.

I found out that if you run the kit without oil for about a week then add 5oz
of 90/1435 gear oil this makes the bike run SMOOTH as SLIK at any speed!!
I have about 350 mile on the bike .
later/ Mbikey

Awesome...thanks for the input. I think I am going to start recommending lubrication.

I've only got test mileage on mine- not many at all, but I have been running high temp wheel bearing grease only and while initial engagement can be a tad jerky- remember that there is a centrifugal clutch in there- engage the gearbox BEFORE revving up the engine and you will see that it works fairly smoothly. I am fairly certain I have the same gearbox sold on the site linked at the beginning.

Thanks for your input. I haven't had a lot of problems with mine either, but it is definitely smoother when lubricated. I think the fact that the four stroke only has a power cycle every other revolution inherently lends itself to a jerkier ride. The minimal slippage provided by the gear oil makes it uber smooth and I imagine extends the life of the clutch.

who is the maker of the engine josh? & can other engines mount up with your kit? thanks in advance!

The engine is made by the HuaSheng factory. The gearbox we sell will definitely fit the Honda GXH50. The HuaSheng engine is basically a clone of the Honda. As far as I know those are the only 2 engines that are compatible.

I have over 500 mi on a grubee II. I use a grease oil mix. Pack the gear box with grease and inject oil through a hole I drilled near the clutch.

Back