French research on motorized bike 400Miles/gal, 57dB, climb >35%

Tank you very much Jerry,

I didn't know all this USA legal aspect, if I understand well, we must check in inch state.

Yvan
Jerry likes to turn every topic to his auto derailleur and I don't know what specific state he is in but it is not Arizona where I live nor many others.

That is spiffy safe looking setup with dual discs, do plan to sell it as a do-it-yourself kit or as a pre-built bikes?

KC;

Agree that it is a good looking setup. But we should call BS on the mileage, even with Angelica on top.

Separately, Jerry's hyperbole and singular focus on his "invention" is a misdemeanor in my book. What he put together is qualitatively different and better than most builds, especially if it goes for awhile without cratering. Most kits I see (and so, so, many posts here are for kit builds) vary creatively between the 48 and 52 yard lines, with more thought into paint and loud pipes (the grown up version of playing cards in the spokes) than into real utility or reliability or rideability improvements. We need more Jerry's..

Thanks guys. I do speak southern. After this I feel the french bike should get rid of their gearbox add a cvt and run to a sprocket to the left side of the wheel instead of the left side of the crank. This will still assist the rider with a veriable torque drive but avoid any legal issues in the USA. Since the engine drive system is separate from the peddle only drive system.

As for the Nuvinci hub builds the ones I've seen required the rider to shift. KC tried to do a build with the Harmony setup but couldn't get it to work. The only way I could see anyone using the new Autobike setup is if they just sold the shifting system. $1000 is just to much to experiment with. I wouldn't want an aluminium frame bike and I'd buy a used 360 Nuvinci hub. It would be nice if one could build a motorized automatic bike using the Autobike shifter.

Back