Friction drive slipping

tommo4523

Local time
1:37 PM
i have a 33cc friction drive bike on a bmx just using a whippet snippet and a bike peg the bike peg is wrapped in sand paper for grip but it slips and I'm just losing tires a week at a time is there anything I can do to increase grip and traction?

Thanks in advance

Get rid of the sandpaper. Get a grinder or dremel and put some lateral grooves in the surface of the peg, then adjust spindle pressure with a turnbuckle or 2. Boom much less tire wear because the groved surface grips the tire better.

And a whippet snippet? As in a piece cut from what is basically a co2 cartridge? Seems like an interesting experiment... Maybe the peg has some holes drilled in it?

Get rid of the sandpaper, drill holes on each end right through, maybe 8 on each side, run thick solid wire or heavy cable or even that aluminum fencing tie across the tube into the holes. Look at this idea, you can even twist the ends of the wire in the peg together.

sketch-1514943786975.png

That could add some worthy traction and save a tire or 2.

Yo Frankie "Whippet snippet" is over the pond talk for weedwacker. Just fyi. And Dont do whip its before hopping on your bike please, or do it just make sure to take video. Just wear a bucket!

Yo Frankie "Whippet snippet" is over the pond talk for weedwacker. Just fyi. And Dont do whip its before hopping on your bike please, or do it just make sure to take video. Just wear a bucket!
Oh OK lol, still the idea stands running heavy something across the peg. At least the effects of no2 don't last long at all, by the time you pedal started the bike it would be out of your system lol... I heard it's better to use one right before an orgasm for some kind of great headrush, better than almost passing out on a bicycle in my opinion if anything. Still more interested in using them to add some extra oomph to a bike lol...

Its pretty easy to nos feed a small engine the key is not going lean! Either jet the carb so fat there's enough fuel for when you hit the trigger or a wet shot system. Ive thought about using an air brush as a wet shot nossle, but haven't tried it out.

powermate-air-tool-accessory-kits-010-0016ct-64_1000.jpg
I think if you ran a t fitting from the fuel line to the "paint supply" on the air brush and fed the "air supply" with a whip it cartridge on a button acctuated valve it would take some dialing in but the airbrush has a flow control.

Back