Gas Mixture

I'm not totally convinced that outboard 2 stroke oil is that bad for a Happy Time engine, or typical weed trimmers and leaf blowers. No doubt, it is not good for "high performance" air cooled two strokes like those found in dirt bikes and even some water cooled engines in PWC because of the deposits it leaves on the power valves. (jamming them)

I'm running out of my stash of Mobil 1 2T synthetic, and I'll probably just buy a gallon of 2 cycle outboard oil since it is inexpensive. The Mobil 1 was overkill for my lawn equipment and bicycle engines anyway. (but I got it cheap on close out)

I guess I have to admit I'm just repeating the warnings I've heard from others about outboard oil. I've used Pennzoil marine premium plus 2-cycle oil (Tc-w3) for years in all my air cooled engines and none ever showed any ill effects.
I recently changed, due to reading the warnings on different internet forums.

I am convinced that 32:1 mix is the best all around mix for small engines. If you don't know what the original recommended fuel oil mix is, then 32:1 is a good safe bet. Not too much oil to make it smoke and drip and not too lean to cause rapid wear.
Just my $.02

Back