GEBE Komatsu Zenoah Redmax GZ25N direct replacement

yep, 220 MPG (real world riding). i document it by emailing my wife how many miles i've ridden that day and emailing myself on when i fill up my gallon gas can. The Redmax "STRATO-CHARGED" engine uses about 30% less fuel consumption to standard 2-strokes of similar size/capacity. GEBE originally has it listed as up to 250 MPG but i'm averaging about 200 - 220 MPG because I keep it about 30 MPH. I'm sure that if I go slower my gas mileage will be right at 235 - 250 MPG. keep in mind it's only a 25cc, 2-stroke, and Japanese made. I've had several happy times that only got 80 - 100 MPG (depending if it's 49cc or 66cc) when everybody else claimed they were getting up to 140 MPG. i take fuel mileage claims pretty seriously and pretty much won't believe it until I try it with "real world" riding. (that's why i'm stuck with 5 different motorized kits!). my next runner up fuel mileage wise is my Staton friction drive kit. again it's a Japanese made Mitsubishi TLE43. i'm only getting about 150 - 170 MPG on that one because it's a 43cc and i like speeding too much on it. my wife is gonna kill me but i've been eye-balling that Robin EH035 and Tanaka PF-4000 just because i've never had one. ( i really do have an addiction!)

Last edited:
Cpu, Took 9 Pics Of The Tecumseh. The Engine Is As I Received It. The Compression Is Awsum, Especially For A Dry Engine That Has Been Sitting On A Shelf For Who Knows How Long. Have Never Tried To Start It. It Is A Clean Little Cutie!! I Would Say It Is A Used Motor. Bought It Off Ebay After I Bought The Unused Nos Friction Drive With The Same Motor, Which Has A Black Shroud. Tecumseh Are Like Briggs & Stratton, Been Around For A Long Time. The Carb Has Single Fuel Line, Throttle Opening Idle Adjustment, Low Speed Mixture Screw And High Speed Mixture Screw. It is 49cc 2 cycle. Will post pics of the fd system after the hurricane quits scaring me! Ron

Attachments

• 100_1275.jpg
    100_1275.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 988
  • 100_1276.jpg
    100_1276.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 722
  • 100_1277.jpg
    100_1277.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 626
  • 100_1278.jpg
    100_1278.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 728
  • 100_1279.jpg
    100_1279.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 651
  • 100_1280.jpg
    100_1280.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 602
  • 100_1281.jpg
    100_1281.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 709
  • 100_1283.jpg
    100_1283.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 640
  • 100_1282.jpg
    100_1282.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 645
Last edited:
Here is a short list of the Redmax tools utilizing the GZ25N engine. I will add to it as more tools have been discovered. It is almost impossible locating the engine only. You will have to purchase the complete tool and disassemble the drive unit and engine from the handle. Average price is from $300 - $399 new.

Redmax Long Reach Trimmer LRTZ2500
Redmax Short Reach Trimmer SRTZ2500
Redmax Pole Saw PSZ2500
Redmax Reciprocator SGCZ2500S
Redmax RMSZ2500
Redmax Sweeper RMSZ2500S
RedMax HEZ2602S
Redmax Hand Held Edger HEZ2500S
Redmax Split Boom Trimmer EXZ2500S
RedMax BCZ2610
RedMax BCZ2610S
Redmax HEZ2601F
Redmax Brushcutters BCZ2500S/BCZ2500SU

Last edited:
TREE'...i was looking that engine over at staton...it is a cute lil' item & a great candidate for the 54mm realm, and like you i know tecumseh's rep...he shoots he scores...i'll watch the friction forum for your post :)

cpu', i noticed those references about performance fade, too...and i've never been able to bring myself to pull the trigger on a "CY" either...i was wondering if you're able & willing to give us some pics of your setup, i've never seen it (tho i might have just missed it) & would appreciate the info :cool:

augidog, some of my builds are in my photoalbum. i have several more bikes which I haven't taken any pictures of yet because they are in storage. i'll take some better pictures of my GEBE Komatsu GZ25N after i clean her up a little bit. it's been raining the past several days and she's all covered in mud (i hate to ruin the looks of my full suspension bike by attaching fenders to it). my builds aren't so fancy but leans more to the practical side. i look for reliability, comfort, and fuel mileage in my bikes. weight also is becoming a big factor, i have to lug it up and down two flights of stairs daily. hard to imagine 1-1/2 years ago i had two ruptured discs in my lower back and couldn't walk for 6 weeks!

http://www.motoredbikes.com/album.php?albumid=593

Cpu, Checked The Posts After Pm Was Sent To You. Looked At Your Pic, Awsum Collection. The Viper Is What I Have, With Out The Logo. Is Your 31 Cc Engins Honda. I Have 3 Of The Honda 31 Cc 4 Strokes, Bought Them Used. Had One On A Friction Drive For A Half Hour, Me Thinks The 1 1/4" Roller And My Weight Put The Gearing Way Off. The Little Motor Ran So Smooth. I Sure Have Been Having Fun Riding My Titan Top Frame Shifter. Used My Gps Street Pilot For A Speedo, At 32 Mph I Was Worrying About The Cheap Wheels With My Weight! I Just Don`t Need To Go That Fast

Attachments

• 100_1257.jpg
    100_1257.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 784
Ron, that is some kind of beast you're riding! is that one of the scooterguy's? i've seen a similar layout but can't really remember where from. are you getting some fumes from the exhaust since it's out in front like that? being new it may not be an issue but how about after you put some miles on it? looks like it is keeping the bike perfectly balanced when you're riding. i had my Staton with the TLE43 on a light framed bike and it felt like it wanted to do wheelies when i'm riding it so i had to move it to a larger and heavier frame. i'm lucky i don't weigh that much but high speed riding has taken it's toll on a couple of the wheels on my Staton. i have to true my wheels every 2 weeks. i'm using a GPS not only as a speedometer but also because i do A LOT of riding on new routes. Like i stated earlier, it's not uncommon for me to put 500 miles a month on my bikes.

thanks for the link, cpu', you do have a neat fleet...

but i was hoping to weasel a few technical close-ups of the engine/mount/clutch outta you...any chance of that?

i took my digital camera with me to work and will give her a quick cleaning during lunch and then snap some pictures for you. the metal shroud pretty much covers up all of the clutch internals so you won't be able to see much. attached is the workshop manual if you want a more technical look at the inner workings of the engine.

Attachments

• GZ25N Workshop Manual.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 9,860
between the service manual & a few gebe-specific details, i think i'll see/know what i "need"...always nice to learn something new...i sure do appreciate the extra effort :cool:

whoa...a fargen reed-valve...man, they sure did know how to build 'em "back then" ;)

Last edited:
Back