GEBE Komatsu Zenoah Redmax GZ25N direct replacement

I Always Think Of It As Golden Eagle, The Gebe Name Thru Me Off. Was Very Interested In The Belt Drive Golden E. But With My Weight The 49cc Is Needed. Was Going To Buy The Scooter G Parts But Do Not Like Drilling The Frame. I Have 2-3 Thoughts For A Much Neater Mounts Than my present mount. Would Like To Run The Tecumseh`s But Have So Much 78mm Stuff. ron

Attachments

• 100_1240.jpg
    100_1240.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,293
  • 100_1242.jpg
    100_1242.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,339
  • 100_1246.jpg
    100_1246.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 1,083
Cpu, The Exhaust Was Heating Up My Thigh, Installed 2 Plumbing Elbows And Now Blows At The Bb. The happy time type muffler can be used also, and others. I like it quiet, as now. Yeah, If You Get Lost With The Gps They Should Take Your Mab Away!! Lol. It Will Tell You How Far To The Next Gas Pump!! Always Good Info! Ron

Last edited:
Well i found a guy selling a used Redmax #BCZ2610S Line Trimmer with the Strato Charged engine. unable to verify at this time if the Strato Charged 25.4 cc 2-stroke is the same as the GZ25N. Even the Redmax home page does not elaborate. I'm thinking I made a mistake buying that thing but for the price I paid for it I should be able to recoup it back due to the popularity of Redmax trimmers by professional lawn maintenance people. Hopefully we'll find out if it's going to be a direct mount replacement on my GEBE or not. If it works out i'm going to liquidate my entire motorized bike fleet. (except for the Mitsubishi TLE43!! haha!) With a backup engine there's no need for me to keep all of the other motorized bikes! wish me luck people!

Last edited:
I found the same trimmer on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/RedMax-BCZ2610S...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e59254fd2

This site mentions the "stratified G25N engine".

It looks like it should work. You also have to wonder why Goped and GEBE both stopped using the Zenoah engines about the same time. I suspect that Zenoah either jacked up the prices, or refused to supply the engines for human transport. Maybe it was for insurance reasons?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It's verified that the Redmax #BCZ2610S Line Trimmer uses the GZ25N engine. The Redmax #BCZ2610S Line Trimmer is advertised only as a 25.4cc Strato Charged engine. Even the Redmax site does not elaborate on the engine model used. I will post pictures later on the removal process from the Trimmer body, it takes a whole 5 minutes. Very ingenuous way how GEBE utilized the stock trimmer housing with this particular kit. Engine replacement on my bike should take a whole 2 minutes tops.

good deal cpu!

pictures yes! i've never seen your particular setup, it's before my time...close-ups of the disassembled GEBE mount & clutch for your "new" Redmax would be too cool :cool::cool: (<---2 "cool" 's)

AndyT: note my previous link, Den was not satisfied with the newer version's performance. catch him on the phone sometime...the guy cannot stop bench-racing...he sure knows his stuff.

Last edited:
It's verified that the Redmax #BCZ2610S Line Trimmer uses the GZ25N engine. The Redmax #BCZ2610S Line Trimmer is advertised only as a 25.4cc Strato Charged engine. Even the Redmax site does not elaborate on the engine model used. I will post pictures later on the removal process from the Trimmer body, it takes a whole 5 minutes. Very ingenuous way how GEBE utilized the stock trimmer housing with this particular kit. Engine replacement on my bike should take a whole 2 minutes tops.

So..... what happened? Did the engine match up?

Back