GEBE sheave&belt + FS billet motor mount build in progress

dchevy,
Thanks.
I love the Zenoah & the CY engines & bet they are way more reliable than the Cag's. I got lucky with this Cag but had to go thru 2 other duds to end up with this one good one.
This cag pulls 11000 rpm's under load & is probably overkill for a bicycle (53mph @ 15.6:1 ratio), but the DH MTB handles the speed well. Although I'm limited to a narrow (1.25"-1.5") drive tire, I havent had a front flat yet (knock on wood)...I simply attach a rim hoop to the spoked wheel. Haven't had one fail yet & havent needed to replace any v-belts...If cars can run v-belts for many miles, I dont think I'll ever need to worry about a replacement on the MB's.
-Lowracer-

Gebe needs to make a sheave for a 20" rim. But since they don't I'm thinking I'll take a hoop from a 12.5" kids bike " 8in dia. " and attach to my 20" rear rim. If that works IM good to proceede with mounting the motor and figuring which size pinion pulley gets me close to 17/20:1final drive. V belt pulleys are cheap and rediley available, the htd timing belts/pulleys are hard to find and expensive! My Haro is gonna be Vbelt for sure.

got her running today

So I ended up building a 30cc CY/RC motor, i needed stuff to use a regular style Carb so IM using a ht carb for now. I got a 2l ht tank and made a throttle with scrap cables, its short but not by much. The speed is good but it needs a good walboro carb to accelerate properly. The belt doesn't drag much at all, just a slight whirr when pedaling but smooth under power. It just had it's first test ride so no GPS numbers till break in is done and a proper carb installed. Ill get pics up ASAP.

20120513200254.jpg

20120513200308.jpg

20120513200350.jpg

20120513200457.jpg

20120513200514.jpg

dchevy,
Looks great!
I'm a big fan of 'keeping it simple'.
I got my eye on a genuine Walbro carb on eBay now for $75 + $15 shipping.
not sure if it would be a perfect fit on your engine?...Here is a pic
Cheers,
-Lowracer-

Attachments

• Walbro.jpg
    Walbro.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 357
dchevy,
I priced out the different carb parts from Daves website (carb, velocity stack, filter, tubing, fuel filter) & it works out to about the same price.
Glad you didnt get hurt...
-Lowracer-

Yeah thx low, I took my wheel to the shop for repair and put on the spare I had "pictured without a rear rotor" that wheel is toasted now I broke 6 spokes just tooling around at 25 or so?! I really like the gebe system it holds the spokes in place even if they snap. I haven't had a spoke fail on the other side tho, so I assume I have too much tension on the belt or I need to put a support strut from the axle to the bottom of the motor. The one from the seat clamp is good so maybe just another on the other side. I was also thinking of changing where the strut is in the u bracket from where it is right next to the billet motor mount to the out side of the bracket and mirror it on the other side to double up on support. I need to go to ace and get some stock I think I'm gonna do that. My wheel should be done today so I can get it changed and tested by tomorrow I hope.

dchevy,
I know GEBE doesnt recommend high output engines for their system. I think attaching the driven ring directly to the spokes causes more stress on the spokes & leads to spoke failure. With the engine you are running, I'd look into going really heavy duty (motorcycle sized) spokes...
-Lowracer-

Back