General Ignorance Question (Stihl Engines)

Not on any 660s I've seen, must be aftermarket cylinder.
Yeah, big bore kits. They exist for most of the saws. That's what I have been reference the whole time on my end of the conversation, hence the discussion of a 110 case being bored large enough to accept a 56mm piston, unlike the YD100 - etc. Also why I made the joke about calling it the "Spooky 99"

Hyway & Meretor are 2 of the best manufacturers of aftermarket cylinder kits. Lil Red Barn also sells a nice nikasel kit.

That is the cheapest priced I've seen offered for that kit.
Wolf Creek is the first place I usually check for saw stuff. Price wise they tend to be one of the better ones and they haven't let me down yet. I have seen cheaper prices for the kit, but without the caber rings that are included in this kit.

This one, in particular. Probably the best of the bunch in terms of plating quality and materials. A bit pricey, but worth the money.
I would port and pipe my 660 before I'd put on that piece of crap. A 660 is a $2500 saw and no cheap ass $140 cylinder is going to make it any better.

If I took that :poop: to any of the woodsmen around here I'd be laughed off the lot.

If you're just making a bike/toy sure, but not a real tool.

I would port and pipe my 660 before I'd put on that piece of crap. A 660 is a $2500 saw and no cheap ass $140 cylinder is going to make it any better.

If I took that :poop: to any of the woodsmen around here I'd be laughed off the lot.

If you're just making a bike/toy sure, but not a real tool.
Check out Tinman Saws 660 stihl build, I think it's on youtube. It's pretty impressive.

Back