General Ignorance Question (Stihl Engines)

Thanks. I appreciate your input. Lmao cause I know just enough about 2 strokes to be dangerous. 🤣😂🤣
Well, whomever starts their "110" based 660 build first can definitely help the other out. There are a lot of unknowns that still need to be sorted. I know that on a YD100 bottom end the 660 cylinder needs to have about a quarter of an inch removed from the flange in order to correct everything in terms of port timing. I have a hunch that the 110 may need even more removed, but I can't verify that for certain. I do know that I would personally rather remove that material from the deck surface if at all possible just for the purpose of being able to buy an off the shelf piston and cylinder and bolt it to the case if I ever need to do a rebuild.

We can start our own line of engines and call them the "Spooky 99" ;)

Well, whomever starts their "110" based 660 build first can definitely help the other out. There are a lot of unknowns that still need to be sorted. I know that on a YD100 bottom end the 660 cylinder needs to have about a quarter of an inch removed from the flange in order to correct everything in terms of port timing. I have a hunch that the 110 may need even more removed, but I can't verify that for certain. I do know that I would personally rather remove that material from the deck surface if at all possible just for the purpose of being able to buy an off the shelf piston and cylinder and bolt it to the case if I ever need to do a rebuild.

We can start our own line of engines and call them the "Spooky 99" ;)
Yeah I agree there. If a guy could take his material off of the case that would be ideal. Like you said, if you ruin/score a cylinder wall. You can just buy a new cylinder kit & go.

Just curious, do they make cylinder kits to build an mb engine with one?
I'm not sure as to what your asking? Are you asking do they make a motorbike engine cylinder kit. Or are you asking can you use a honda MB80 cylinder kit.

I think they do offer the 110 as just a bottom end/shortblock so to say. Then you would have to buy a stihl ms660 cylinder kit. Also I believe on the stihl ms660 cylinder kits, the offer 2 pin sizes a 14mm version & a 12mm wrist pin version. I think 1 is a new model & 1 is old model or vice versa.

I think they do offer the 110 as just a bottom end/shortblock so to say. Then you would have to buy a stihl ms660 cylinder kit. Also I believe on the stihl ms660 cylinder kits, the offer 2 pin sizes a 14mm version & a 12mm wrist pin version. I think 1 is a new model & 1 is old model or vice versa.
Roller bearing rod on both ends, but that is a real Stihl.

Just curious, do they make cylinder kits to build an mb engine with one?

I'm not sure as to what your asking? Are you asking do they make a motorbike engine cylinder kit. Or are you asking can you use a honda MB80 cylinder kit.

I do believe he is asking if anybody makes a kit to build a saw hybrid.

The answer is yes, sorta. It's called the Phantom 85 - an MS460 cylinder redesigned to bolt to a YD100

I do believe he is asking if anybody makes a kit to build a saw hybrid.

The answer is yes, sorta. It's called the Phantom 85 - an MS460 cylinder redesigned to bolt to a YD100
Yeah I think Build, Break, & Fix on youtube or whatever his handle is. He sells a ms460 saw hybrid & I think he offers a ms660 saw hybrid now to. Complete engine w/3spring heavy clutch for $450.

Back